Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

The Grinch movies

Last posted Nov 27, 2018 at 08:21AM EST. Added Nov 27, 2018 at 08:21AM EST
1 post from 1 user

Now that the Grinch movies are popping up on the trending bar, I was wondering what folks' thoughts, ideas and criticism on them were when comparing them to one another.

For example, folks that I talked to who saw the 2018 movie did note how friendly, genuine and sincere the Whos were in comparison to the 2000 Grinch movie and are instead similar to the 1966 Grinch Whos. It kind of makes it interesting sounding when they accidentally cause the Grinch of the 2018 movie to have a panic attack when he gets stuck into the Christmas celebration and lights and barely notice it at all.

Although I think I heard people say that the movie doesn't explore much of how Christmas is traumatic for the Grinch other than it was very, very lonely time of year for him for a long time.

So it seems to have taken some notes from 2000 Grinch movie except without the bullying element. Which honestly it feels like it had a good idea in mind but not enough time given to explore a alternative take of the Grinch's childhood with it focusing on him being all alone.

I do feel that it had a lot of potential and explain a lot of the character's issues like say the Grinch being homeless and having to survive in Whoville on his own for some years with little to no way of connecting and communicating with the Whos who either ignore him or are scared of him and drive him off since they likely don't know how to deal with a strange hobo creature that dumpster dives.

Last edited Nov 27, 2018 at 08:30AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!