Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Weird ships.

Last posted Jan 29, 2019 at 10:52AM EST. Added Jan 06, 2019 at 09:08PM EST
23 posts from 17 users

So, I found this artist on Deviantart (I know, I know) and she draws really cool pics about Dragon Ball. But she tends to do interesting ships, like Piccolo x Gohan, and Goku x Videl.
I'm not making this up, she makes this:

My question is… have you seen weird ships like this before?

The Ekranoplan is a ground effect flying ship that combines the qualities of a ship and a plane. It utilizes what is called ground effect to move near bodies of- oh, you were talking about that kind of ship. My mistake.

Lucina x Spiderman – A ship so absurd, it started to spread into infamy. Apparently it's a guy's personal ship for a fanfic he's writing and is known to be hostile towards those that hate it. It's definitely weird and I wouldn't like to see it everywhere I go, but at the end of the day, it's just another harmless DeviantArt ship.

It happens all the time in this side of the puddle, but by far, what MLP showed me was one-of-a-kind enlightenment that I know my mortal eyes would never feast on again for the first time.

Behold: Rainbow Dash x Sink

Last edited Jan 09, 2019 at 09:48PM EST

Weird ships are a universal constant. If you've got a series with either a really small cast or a really big one, expect strange pairings to show up. They show up in the former because there's only so many logical pairings possible with a small cast(if any logical pairings are possible period(this is calling out a specific fandom but not in a bad way)). They show up in the latter because people really like pairing up main characters with minor ones.

I remember once coming across a strangely well edited video that shipped Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty with Frolo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I saw it over in my YouTube recommended feed once like 4 or 5 years ago and for some reason that darn video is etched into my memory as a case of "okay even I'm going 'what the hell?' at this." (it's in that same part of my brain that also strangely remembers things like weird dreams I had when I was like 9 years old, or the fact "Pooh's Adventures in [insert name of some movie or TV show that has no relation to Winnie the Pooh whatsoever here]" exists)

Uoiea wrote:

Oh shit I just realized that they're both cats!

So would that make this the equivalent of shipping 2 black characters together because they're both black? :thinkingemoji:

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!