Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Teaser Trailer of the new Joker movie with Joaquin phoenix

Last posted Apr 04, 2019 at 01:11AM EDT. Added Apr 03, 2019 at 12:08PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

I'm a little skeptical, since the Joker tends to work best when he's mysterious. Spelling out his whole back story might be kind of a problem, but maybe it'll work well for a one-off.

It looks like they aren't trying to make him the "good guy", which is nice. That was my problem with similar movies, like Maleficent (although I'd still argue Maleficent is better than other live-action Disney movies since it isn't just the same thing as the original. Maybe I'll like Dumbo.)

They didn't really show much in the way of other characters, except his mom briefly.

It is very strange that this movie exists. A movie about the Joker without Batman, unconnted with DC's cinematic universe, so soon after Leto's version, still within memory of Ledger's version, set in the 70s. And yet, it looks pretty good. I've heard it described as "Taxi Driver With Face Paint," but that's not a terrible idea. It kind of seems like DC has realized their shared universe is a dud and is pulling away from it.

Wait a minute. What if the big twist at the end of Joker is that it takes place in the DC cinematic universe? Like, the Phoenix Joker was the original and inspired the Leto version decades later. That would actually be kind of a neat retcon. The Suicide Squad Joker is just a lame fanboy of the cool Joker.

Last edited Apr 04, 2019 at 01:21AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!