Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,566 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

The Venture Bros. cancelled after seven seasons

Last posted Sep 09, 2020 at 05:51PM EDT. Added Sep 07, 2020 at 11:24PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

To my understanding AT&T recently bought out Time Warner and some of the other companies associated with them (I think some of the gaming companies associated with Warner Bros didn't get bought out though from what I heard), and it was AT&T who decided they didn't want to fund anything that'd be considered "costly" by Adult Swim standards.

Still I am seeing a bunch of misdirected hate towards Adult Swim in general because Metalocalypse was also suddenly cancelled years ago long before the AT&T buyout despite Brendon Small wanting a proper conclusion (maybe AS would be willing to do that now but it's Small who is unwilling to negotiate after all these years? Who knows), and Rick and Morty almost saw a sudden cancellation a few years back despite being AS's biggest show right now. One best case scenario is it continues on HBO Max.

I have never watched a single episode of this show. I think someone may have once told me it had a funny gag relating to seat belts but that's it. I always put it in the same category as Aqua Teen Hunger Force due to the fact I also never watched it and it seem to be adult animation. Anyway while I am completely indifferent to see it go, I am glad you made this thread as I can see that this series probably did have some merit to warrant fans' dismay at its abrupt cancellation.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!