Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

First US-based VTuber Idol Agency: VShojo

Last posted Dec 05, 2020 at 09:37AM EST. Added Nov 25, 2020 at 10:15AM EST
4 posts from 4 users

One of the Twitch co-founders has formed a VTuber agency in the US. It is primarily composed of some very popular independent VTubers Nyanners, Ironmouse, ProjektMelody, Silvervale, and Zentreya (who were basically all in the same network anyway) but will include some new talents debuting later this week. This marks one of the first western VTuber agencies and a very talent first one at that. All the talents within the agency will own full rights to their content, can make whatever they want, and retain all rights to their characters even if they leave.

This is a huge step forward I think. An agency to promote these talents and open up opportunities for internal and external collabs and manage the production side of things really helps. I think all of them were hit with serious DMCA issues recently so hopefully this will give a bit more protection against legal issues like that. Could this be a new dawn of a VTuber takeover of the west?

Considering how well-established their current competition is (especially holoEN), I feel VShoujo has quite an uphill battle on their hands. However, considering they've got some of the biggest (formerly indie) names in the Western side of things under their banner, I feel they stand somewhat of a chance to truly reckon with their competitors.

Carefully optimistic about what's to come but I wish them the best of luck all the same.

On a slightly unrelated note: Calling it now that one of them will be on Trash Taste.
(Wait. Whaddya mean they already had one of them on?)

They are off to a good start with their talent as I'm familiar with almost all of them and have watched them as well. Hell I remember Zen from back when she was mainly a VR Chat streamer who frequently showed up in videos made by Nagzz (who she still frequently collabs with and amusingly uses his face and voice for the donation notification).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!