Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
post a song and rate it.

Last posted Apr 18, 2024 at 05:25PM EDT. Added Aug 02, 2014 at 01:37AM EDT
1764 posts from 204 users

in my long tradition of stealing threads from other places i propose this little game as a way for people to expand their limits.

firs ti post a song then the next poster rates the song (and maybe put additional notes) then post another song he wants and so on.

3.7/5 Shit blowing up everywhere!
Well I'm gonna be honest, I'm not really fan of rap/hip-hop (hell I barely I can tell the difference between Young Money movement and Cypress Hill), otherwise I would give a higher note because at least the song isn't talking about bitches and money.

And speakin' of…

8.9/10 for not being a fan of rap you sure got some patrician music, a tribe called quest os one of those groups that you NEED to listen to if you want to fully grasp hip hop (and better, it comes from their best album)

Last edited Aug 02, 2014 at 02:40AM EDT

Damn, this one is hard to review. To start, ain't found problem with the lyrics but I didn't like the production, and a little research that I made reveals this group mix Hip-Hop with noise (?) and adds punk themes, etc. But to give them credit, at least they don't use autotune…

7.7/10

I gonna be honest here, I'm really cheatin' in this one…

Last edited Aug 02, 2014 at 03:33AM EDT

5.6/10 although i like the song, lyrics and production lupe really mansplains the problem by blaming the wrong group (which its not the rappers problem entirely but bad parenting problems more, not poiting out the real role models, as i doubt most rappers or even celebrities entirely can be considered role models) apart from that there isnt really more i complaing about this song.

Last edited Aug 02, 2014 at 04:52AM EDT

Cool song! I actually listened to the whole thing with no qualms whatsoever. I really enjoyed it and this showed me a new band I might like. I like how it changes from upbeat to slow and mellow sometimes. 9/10 You're lucky I like this genre to begin with.

Mine (hue):

6/10 solid and atmospheric. I've got a soft spot for soundtracks and electronic music, so I found it enjoyable. It could have done better with a hook, though.

WARNING: Explicit lyrics and LOTS of screaming.

I hope you like industrial metal, because not many people seem to.

Last edited Aug 05, 2014 at 02:48AM EDT

I don't usually like hip hop, but that ain't half bad. The stream-of-consciousness style is a nice touch. Not something I'd casually play on repeat, but it works as an experimental art piece of sorts.

I refuse to be outdone in the industrial department, though, so I'm going to call on Marilyn Manson's music again:

Long live the king of Industrial and shock rock.

6.3 didint exactly got me completely moving, it felt a bit too stale, maybe im more used to upbeat music, the middle did got interesting but quickly fade back

@Particle Mare

well considering how mc ride doesnt try to rhyme in this song (which he DID, atleast to some degree in the first 3) this kind of stops being rap and starts being more spoken poetry with music behind, although he does uses a flow and delivery.

elmashojaldra wrote:

3.7/5 Shit blowing up everywhere!
Well I'm gonna be honest, I'm not really fan of rap/hip-hop (hell I barely I can tell the difference between Young Money movement and Cypress Hill), otherwise I would give a higher note because at least the song isn't talking about bitches and money.

And speakin' of…

wow you can't tell the difference between cypress hill and young money are you deaf?

Dabiddo - Kun wrote:

4/5
not much of a rap guy, but i like doom and some others

so this is what ambient is huh? honestly i dont know what to feel its too calm and atmospheric an-THE HELL WITH THAT BEAT CHANGE AND SCREAMS?

this shit is demonic and unexpected, 9.1/10

Last edited Aug 06, 2014 at 07:06PM EDT

time for being supersubjective: just dabbles along, makes me think of runescape, too long, not my thing at all
1.5/5

make way for the pinnacle of rap music

6.5/10  i  liked  it  a  bit  but  there  was  something  that  made  me  think  "meh".
【=◈︿◈=】

James Blunt wrote:

it reminds me of a soundtrack for a portal X mirror´s edge (but less adrenaline filled) style of game, 9/10

6.5/10
An interesting mashup of two great songs, but I feel that while the concept is very original, which I truly appreciate, the result is kind of meh. It just seems a bit bland to me.

@itabtoo 9/10 I'm usually not too keen on rap but it was really nice to hear something which told a story instead of just bragging about all the money and bitches they have. And the story was quite fascinating. Rather unsettling but very well presented and written.

3/5 can't put my finger on it, but something is off overall, apart from not being my favourite cup of tea, but i can deal with a little diversity. usually.

Hi! You must login or signup first!