Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

David Bowie Passed Away at 69

Last posted Jan 14, 2016 at 07:53AM EST. Added Jan 11, 2016 at 01:59AM EST
35 posts from 35 users

And the song that just got released as a single and had a music video released recently was "Lazarus," a song named after a Biblical figure who was resurrected from the dead, and the song opens with the line "Look up here, I'm in heaven."

A really morbid coincidence…

RIP Bowie.

Just weeks after it was teased that he might do a crossover with Gorillaz and when I finally started to appreciate his work. Damn… the world is at a great loss today.

I just woke up and this was the first thing I see on the news. I honestly don't know how to feel…
Rest in Peace, man.

Last edited Jan 11, 2016 at 09:26AM EST

Someone who was all over the place in my childhood, and his music helped me fix a lot of problems with myself.
My only regret is learning who he really was only five months ago. I hope he is at peace.

It was pretty odd watching it all unfold on /mu/ last night, at first I thought it was just one of those small pranks they do where they pretend someone died to stir controversy but it turned out it wasn't. I ended up listening to The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, Low, and Blackstar today and I'm kicking myself that I didn't listen to any of his full albums before today, especially with that 5/5 B-side on Low. :(

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!