Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Bands or musicians you only recently discovered and are listening to a lot

Last posted Apr 26, 2016 at 01:11AM EDT. Added Apr 15, 2016 at 08:47PM EDT
12 posts from 11 users

Most recent for me is Mr. Kitty. He's a synthpop artist whom I discovered recently thanks to one of his more recent songs being in a Communion After Dark broadcast (Communion After Dark is an internet radio station [though they call themselves a podcast] that broadcasts at least once a week, and its focus is on "alternative electronic music" like EBM, synthpop, and industrial, aka "electronic music goths enjoy"). I just really like the atmosphere his music gives off and the soft vocals that go along with most of his songs. Here's a couple examples:

i'll list a few of my favorites of recent (name – genre)

Deakin – Neo Psychdelia, Psychedelic Pop
Clap! Clap! – UK Bass, Footwork, Tribal House
Nitin Sawhney – Downtempo, Tribal
The Orb – Space Ambient, Ambient Dub
Sakuraburst – IDM, Glitch, Brostep, Ambient
dvsn – Alternative R&B

Last edited Apr 15, 2016 at 09:22PM EDT

I was on a Lindsey Stirling binge, which led me to another dupstep (honestly I don't know what they're categorized under, I personally call them electronic) group, Blackmill. Their stuff is really great if you're in a mood to calm down and relax.

Chemlab is pretty recent, specifically, the East Side Miltia album. I was actually listening to Neo Contra's soundtrack and one way brought me to another, and here I was, letting my ears be blown away by the superb sounds of industrial rock.

Welp, might as well use this thread to plug Red Vox:

As some of you may know, this is the band that Vinny from Vinesauce formed along with a few friends. It's honestly some of my favorite new music. Standout tracks for me include "Atom Bomb," "Hazy," and "Back to School."

Crap, I forgot to talk about my favorite song of all time. My favorite song is from a not-so-well-known band called Vulfpeck. The song is basically pure 70s funk made in modern times.
Also it's called Sky Mall.

Last edited Apr 19, 2016 at 12:34AM EDT

Mr.Kitty is also a really cool guy. At the end of his show last year he was having a photoshoot with his fans, and me and my girlfriend got a chance to take our pictures with him! He's super cool to his fans.

I've been big into listening to Cemetary, old school death rock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suqsqLEnvws

Plastic Politik – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmb8jYpDLcs

Been listening to some Thundercat for a while: I pretty much discovered him after listening to Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly, and man is his bass-playing solid. This was the first song I heard from him:

After playing Steam World Heist and hearing music by Steam Powered Giraffe, I quickly went on YouTube to hear more of their incredible music and fell in love with their well done make-up and costume designs.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!