Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Thoughts on YouTube Music Ads?

Last posted Aug 27, 2016 at 09:04PM EDT. Added Aug 27, 2016 at 07:02PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

A while ago, YouTube released YouTube Music. I've never used it, and I don't plan on changing that. However, what I can tell you about are the Ads, which are rather interesting. I know I'm kind of late, but at least I've done it now. I'll only show 2 that I feel deserve the most discussion about.

The one above involves a cross-dresser. The other one involves someone released from community service. Others I don't feel like showing because I don't consider them worth that much talk are:
This one
That one
The other
The reason why I feel these two videos are worth showing and not the others because I feel that these are the more daring. They involve scenarios that many still consider to be taboo. This may feel odd to say since it's 2016(CurrentYear.jpg), but if you take a look at the comments on these videos, especially the two I've shown, you'll see that people are still displeased with cross-dressers, transgenders, showing someone doing time, etc. Despite what I said earlier, I still feel like these Ads a little bit pandering, but I still applaud YouTube for doing something rather different. Any thoughts on the videos seen or not seen?

The basic idea of these ads is that music is important to our individual personalities, and as such YouTube Music is a great tool to express ourselves (or be expressed). They use a diversity of people – not just white, straight, cisgendered, (love or hate the term, it's filling a hole that's necessary now with the acceptance of transgender people) and/or male that matter.

If they're trying to pander, they aren't doing too well. They're all mostly boring. Other than the one with the crossdressing/transgender person, they're pretty inoffensive to most too – or at the very least, plenty tolerable. Maybe a few far-left internet users will get a kick out of it, but that's it.

It also doesn't change that apparently the app sucks.

I could have swore that there was already a thread on this. ah well.

I don't really hate these ads, but I also don't like them. They're just annoying and should have just added it as a feature on regular YouTube app rather than having to create another one.

Last edited Aug 27, 2016 at 09:06PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!