Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Boom Boom Satellites Lead Vocalist Has Passed Away

Last posted Oct 12, 2016 at 12:40AM EDT. Added Oct 11, 2016 at 01:52PM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

Michiyuki Kawashima, who sang and played guitar for Boom Boom Satellites, passed away on October 9 at age 47.

Kawashima retired from the band after releasing their final EP "Lay Your Hands On Me" in 2016, which was later addressed by fellow band member Masayuki Nakano, which he states:
“[Michiyuki Kawashima] has now closed his life as a musician and is spending his days living peacefully with his family.”

BBS are well known for providing music for various anime and video-game soundtracks, Including Xam'd: Bounen no Xamdou, Ridge Racer V, Appleseed, Ninja Slayer From Animation and Spring 2016 anime Kiznaiver.

Rest In Peace.

Damn, I was just listening to one of their songs this morning which I hadn't heard in a while. Had no idea he passed today, even though I read about his declining health.

Lay Your Hands On Me was a great farewell piece. A very refreshing and grand final song that's sure to leave an impact.

Let's remember his work and talent on this world and pray he progresses towards a better and brighter stage where he rests now.

Boom Boom Satellites were such a great band, very sad news. But Lay Your Hands on Me really was a great final song, it's definitely my favorite OP of the year.

I heard about this guy. He used to be from the band who did the Ninja Slayer intro… Oh, my condolences for this loss…

Last edited Oct 12, 2016 at 12:41AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!