Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Remixes or covers you enjoy more than the original

Last posted Mar 02, 2017 at 01:04PM EST. Added Feb 28, 2017 at 12:32AM EST
9 posts from 9 users

There's this YouTuber named Tronicbox who specializes in music remixes, particularly remixes that make songs sound like they're either from different eras (like taking modern pop songs and remixing them so they sound like a pop hit from the 1980s) or different genres. Some of his remixes are, IMO, better than the originals to me, most likely due to the change in genre or overall atmosphere of the song.

There's a series of albums called "Punk Goes Pop" (which is really more of an "artifact title" as to my understanding only the first album had punk bands, the other albums mainly use pop-punk or post-hardcore bands) and personally I just enjoy some of their covers more than the original pop songs.

(yeah I know putting Kesha's original lyrics into this different genre makes for a funny sounding song during all the singing bits, but I like the high energy of the instruments and mixing)

(the original lyrics fit well into a post-hardcore song)

Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nails' Hurt is much better than the original in my opinion.
Even Trent Reznor believes that Cash's cover is superior!

Knowing that his wife passed away soon after filming for the music video was completed along with the song becoming one of his final hits before he passed away just makes it even more heartbreaking.

Last edited Mar 01, 2017 at 03:05AM EST

The original theme was always kinda cartoony, and while I'm not gonna say that the film isn't, this remix really nails the "horror" vibe.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!