Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Post 7 of Your Favorite Albums

Last posted May 31, 2018 at 11:55PM EDT. Added May 28, 2018 at 04:15PM EDT
14 posts from 13 users

Post 7 of your favorite albums in no particular order.

7 is a good number to help show the tastes of a person, show what they like in a specific genre or what they find the best in multiple.
Share and show what you find the greatest albums that have your favorite flow, bangers or just that thing you slap on every other day, and also maybe find something new that can maybe be on your own favorites.

For me, it's:

The Cannonball Adderley Quintet – Mercy, Mercy, Mercy!
Fishmans – Long Season
Godspeed You Black Emperor! – F♯A♯∞
King Crimson – Absent Lovers: Live in Montreal 1984
Charles Mingus – The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
My Bloody Valentine – Loveless
Radiohead – OK Computer

Last edited May 28, 2018 at 04:22PM EDT

Most of my albums are really cliché, but the thing is I'm not the kind of guy who listens to entire albums. So instead, I'll list full albums that I have listened to that I remember the best.

So anyways mine are:

Adam Lambert – For Your Entertainment
Adam Lambert – Trespassing
The Beatles – Abbey Road
The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper's…
Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
The Police – Zenyattà Mondatta (personal favorite album)
The Velvet Underground – The Velvet Underground & Nico

Eh, might as well have a go at this. I like Electronic music mostly, and I'm very big on sound design. Still enjoy albums outside of the genre though. Not gonna pretend to be a true patrician of music, just albums I really enjoy and why, I suppose.

Karma Fields – New Age | Dark Age
Compared to most of Monstercat's catalog of releases, Karma Fields' music has always stuck out to me with its sound design. The accompanying visuals provided by Raven Kwok are a huge bonus as well. While not exactly the most interesting album ever, it's an album I'm always comfortable and in the mood to listening to.
Fav tracks: Edge of the World, Stickup, For Me, Skyline, Build the Cities, Faint Echoes

Alon Mor – Long Awaited Journey

Alon Mor's ability of taking orchestral music and combining it with electronic music is something I find very interesting. Not to mention the impeccable sound design on the tracks, from booming, glitchy beats, to the subtlest of chirps, Alon Mor made an album that showcases his versatility as a producer. I highly recommend listening to this album with headphones.
Fav tracks: Mania, Presuedos, Late Night Skyline, The Midelar, Los Recuerdos, Halpfire Harmonies

Death Grips – Bottomless Pit

The abrasive nature of Death Grips' music is something I've found endearing about them. While The Money Store gets a ton of praise, Bottomless Pit is my personal favorite project, with Exmilitary in second. Experimental, loud, and aggressive, Bottomless Pit has it all.
Fav tracks: Giving Bad People Good Ideas, Hot Head, Spikes, Eh, BB Poison, Three Bedrooms In A Good Neighborhood, Bottomless Pit

Gorillaz – Demon Days

2014 was a time when I was really starting to shape my taste in music, after just listening to the same pop radio tunes over and over. Funnily enough, I was introduced to Gorillaz music through WatchMojo (cringey, I know), and I was instantly hooked. Demon Days I think is Gorillaz' most consistent album, with great production throughout.
Fav tracks: Kids With Guns, Dirty Harry, Feel Good Inc., El Mañana, Every Planet We Reach Is Dead, November Has Come, Dare

David Bowie – Blackstar

I never really considered myself a David Bowie fan, even after his death, I'm not exactly head over heels for his music, but I do have a lot of respect for it. The context of Blackstar does drive my enjoyment of the album, but the songs themselves, even without the context of Bowie's death are still strong, especially the title track, being one of my favorite songs of all time.
Fav tracks: Blackstar, 'Tis A Pity She Was a Whore, Lazarus, I Can't Give Everything Away

Disclosure – Settle

I love Disclosure's sound design, putting a more modern spin on old school house and garage, and Settle is the best of their work, an album that I think they'll have a hard time replicating the success of.
Fav tracks: When A Fire Starts To Burn, Latch, F For You, White Noise, Voices, You & Me, January, Confess To Me

Gorillaz – Plastic Beach

Despite a few lulls on this album, I found most of it impeccable. I may not find it as consistent of an album as Demon Days, but I do find the high points on this album slightly higher. Plus, it contains Empire Ants, my personal favorite Gorillaz track, and that's a plus in of itself.
Fav tracks: Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach, Rhinestone Eyes, Stylo, Empire Ants, Some Kind of Nature, Melancholy Hill, Broken, Plastic Beach, Cloud of Unknowing

Last edited May 30, 2018 at 08:57PM EDT

Avenged Sevenfold – City of Evil
Avenged Sevenfold – Waking the Fallen
Linkin Park – Hybrid Theory
Damian Marley – Welcome to Jamrock
Wu Tang Clan – Enter the Wu tang (36 chambers)
2pac – All Eyez On Me
Snoop Dogg – Doggystyle

Station to Station – David Bowie
Like Clockwork – Queens of the Stone Age
1991 – Republika
Icky Thump – White Stripes
Dark Continent – Wall of Voodoo
Black and White – The Hives
Right thoughts, right words, right action – Franz Ferdinand

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!