Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

I made an Ambient mixtape...

Last posted Sep 06, 2018 at 12:22AM EDT. Added Sep 04, 2018 at 05:37PM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

This is just a mashup of 7 Ambient songs that I made while I procrastinate in Audacity.
I thought it would be nice to share my mixtape to you guys and see if you even like my shit or not

If you have any criticism about my mixtape, feel free to be brutal about it, I can fucking take it:

1st one – reminds me a bit of Doom 64's ambient soundtrack, just not as scary

2nd – reminds me a bit of Fallout 4

3rd – me like classical ambient music, two gene siskel thumbs way up!

4th – back to the non-scary Doom 64 stuff, but still good :)

5th – like the slow rising buildup with the thump thump going on every so often. Reminds me a bit of Shin Megami Tensei (SNES) intro music~ Best one IMO

6th – Probably the weakest one IMO. Sounds a bit out of place right after the 5th one, maybe put it somewhere else?

7th – A nice solid piece to finish it all off.

Overall pretty good, a few tweaks here and there and you'll have a winner. :D

Zombie_Boy wrote:

1st one – reminds me a bit of Doom 64's ambient soundtrack, just not as scary

2nd – reminds me a bit of Fallout 4

3rd – me like classical ambient music, two gene siskel thumbs way up!

4th – back to the non-scary Doom 64 stuff, but still good :)

5th – like the slow rising buildup with the thump thump going on every so often. Reminds me a bit of Shin Megami Tensei (SNES) intro music~ Best one IMO

6th – Probably the weakest one IMO. Sounds a bit out of place right after the 5th one, maybe put it somewhere else?

7th – A nice solid piece to finish it all off.

Overall pretty good, a few tweaks here and there and you'll have a winner. :D

It's funny how you said that 6# was the weakest, cause it was the laziest one I made (just slowed-down midi violins that was made in a randomizer, drenched in reverb with a little eq).

1# was the Alex Jones vocoded video that was pitch shifted a little with a lot of reverb.

2# was made from scratched (reverbed strings with a sine bass)

3# was 1 second of a Silent Hill song that was slowed down so much that it glitched out to sound like an organ, pitched shifted multiple times to make chords, reverbed out and eq'd the hell out of it (no treble), and then octaved twice.

4# was made with the same techniques as 3# but with static instead (it was made as a self-imposed challenged)

5# was werid to make: I equalized it in such a weird way that any sample sounded the same no matter what! So I distorted it (same technique used for earrape videos, but more subtle) pitched shifted it to two octaves, gave it some reverb, added the drums, and that hellish noise at the end was me breathing loudly into a mic.

And 7# was midi choir that was distorted, reverbed, equalized, doubled tracked, and slowed down while keeping the same pitch.

All songs where made in chronological order, and I was too lazy to rearrange them.

…I'm just gonna assume you understand what I'm saying.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!