Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Weird downvotes

Last posted Apr 11, 2017 at 10:57AM EDT. Added Apr 10, 2017 at 02:51PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

I'm here for more than 2 years now, and I've figured something strange, a few months after I've signed up on kym, I began to receive a single downvote at every of my single posts without any exceptions, even the posts I made on a page that was like 2 years old with no viewers in it, and only a few minuts after I made my posts.
so I was pretty sure someone was 0-bombing me at the time.

after a few months like that, it stopped for a while. but it started again for a moment, stopped.
and now, for like 1 month now, it does it again.

don't make me wrong, I don't really care about the downvotes, but I find this strange that this kind of thing seems to only happen to me on this website.
I mean, if I say something like "evangelion/jojo is gay/shit" or whatever, I know I'm going to be downvoted and I accept that.
but when I see that every single fucking posts I made have systematically a -1 only a few minutes I've posted on whatever page I posted (especially weird when the page is 4 years old with 3 views), I wonder if there is a bot that automatically downvotes me, or if some kind of hater just spam downvotes on my posts for whatever reason…

something similar happened to me on youtube, but I can explain that because I'm always really critical or post trolls on youtube, and there are plenty of 12 years old kevins that like to downvote you just because you don't like their favorite youtuber.

but here, I can't explain it.
I haven't done anything special to be hated.
yes, sometimes it's natural to have downvotes, and I accept that, but in this case, it's strange.
maybe it's because someone is wrongly assuming that I'm gay/furry/lolicon/whatever and put downvotes on me because he does not like that kind of person ?
I don't know,

so what's wrong ?

If someone really hates me that much for whatever reason, why not contacting me for a civilized discussion or whatever ?

or is it just someone who is trolling me because "OLOL THAT'S FUNNY" ?

or maybe my posts are really that bad ?

Last edited Apr 10, 2017 at 02:55PM EDT

We've got a mention of this in the Report Problems thread happening at the moment. Personally I feel like it's either because of trolling or because your posts are bad. It happens to lots of people at the moment from what I've heard from some people so it's probably a troll downvoting people. If you don't care about downvotes then don't worry too much. They're pretty much pointless anyway other than thinking to yourself "I'm well liked on this site".

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!