Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,264 total conversations in 493 threads

+ New Thread

Why is the confirmation for memes taking so long?

Last posted Jul 27, 2019 at 06:41AM EDT. Added Jul 25, 2019 at 12:40PM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

Nah it's much simpler: It's an outdated system from the creation of the site. And with the mountains of entries created every week you quickly forget to dig through older entries.

There is an automated confirm system in place but I don't know the specifics about it.

As for Thanos: The entry is pretty barebones looking at it, mostly an entry to give a small summary of various Thanos memes. However in return I did dig through a couple of subentries and confirmed a few.

RandomMan wrote:

Nah it's much simpler: It's an outdated system from the creation of the site. And with the mountains of entries created every week you quickly forget to dig through older entries.

There is an automated confirm system in place but I don't know the specifics about it.

As for Thanos: The entry is pretty barebones looking at it, mostly an entry to give a small summary of various Thanos memes. However in return I did dig through a couple of subentries and confirmed a few.

Thanks for an answer

True A wrote:

Can I ask how do you know when someone suggests a change for an entry? Do you have some inbox?

Everyone who has editorship on that entry gets emailed the suggestion, as well as every moderator. Editorship requests are similar, but they are only sent to the Entries OP and the moderators.

That said, the system is imperfect. While entry Editor's/OP's can easily read the information sent to them, Moderators emails are flooded with not just the Suggestions and Editorship Requests, but also the websites Moderation Audit Log (Bans, Warnings, Comment Deletions, Etc) regardless of what powers they have, and it's easy for suggestions and editorship requests to get lost in that mess.

It's more efficient to contact an editor or moderator directly through PM or Discord if you want something to get done quicker.

Last edited Jul 27, 2019 at 06:53AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!