Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,267 total conversations in 494 threads

+ New Thread

How to add videos to entries?

Last posted Apr 13, 2023 at 06:56AM EDT. Added Apr 05, 2023 at 05:34AM EDT
6 posts from 3 users

While adding youtube videos is completely painless, how to properly add things like imgur mp4s, webms, or gfycat vids? Neither directly passing the link to file, nor using a link to the page provided by the host seems to work, both have thrown me a scraping error.

KYM handles videos… badly. Unless your video is uploaded somewhere that we can reliably embed from (Youtube, sometimes Vimeo, TikTok, Vine) then you're kinda out of luck.

If the video is small and/or doesn't need audio, consider converting to a gif.

Doeoeod wrote:

KYM handles videos… badly. Unless your video is uploaded somewhere that we can reliably embed from (Youtube, sometimes Vimeo, TikTok, Vine) then you're kinda out of luck.

If the video is small and/or doesn't need audio, consider converting to a gif.

I think I was unclear, I meant for the gallery uploads rather than entry body itself.

katakis wrote:

I think I was unclear, I meant for the gallery uploads rather than entry body itself.

Nah I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately things are just this bad. KYM does not allow you to "upload" videos; nowhere on the site do we actually store and host video media (unlike images). Every video page in every video gallery is just an HTML embed or raw link to some other site hosting that video. If a user wanted to upload a video they created to a KYM gallery, they would first have to upload it to a site like YouTube, and then embed that yt video here.

Last edited Apr 05, 2023 at 02:46PM EDT

yeah, your best option is imgur
use the HTML link for posting in forums and use any of the direct link or image link for adding to galleries

it still sucks. you get the imgur logo with it and clicking the image just redirects you to imgur

and one with sound and of course kym won't display it proper

Last edited Apr 13, 2023 at 07:27AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!