Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Site Design

Last posted May 25, 2009 at 09:04PM EDT. Added May 18, 2009 at 09:48PM EDT
21 posts from 11 users

As an aspiring Web developer/designer, I must congratulate whoever made the site. It is very minimal and pretty, as well as functional.

I was also wondering if maybe you could add a few more features to the forums, maybe make separate boards, like Random talk (could we call it /b/?). A reply button would also be awesome, and it would be cool if the reply format was something like "@whoever -".

Maybe anyone else here has other suggestions like this.

inb4 455 kisser

We've grown quite quickly… the time for moar boards has surely come

@Selene -- in case you are curious the forum part of the site is based on this fork of Beast:
http://github.com/courtenay/altered_beast

@ Selene, I think a random talk would be good but there is NO way it should be called /b/. It should be called "the tiki bar" and I drew a kick-ass blueprint of it. The name came from an earlier dicussion.

That's exactly what it should be.

It all sounds good! I'll surely check out the source for the forums, I like their style. Right now, I only know CSS and HTML, but I am going to start learning Java soon! :D
@captain
But /b/ would be an awesome name! Like, /b/ would be where we keep the trolls (on a leash, ofc) and the tiki bar or whatever would be way better… you know, like cancerless 4chan or something. Or maybe a board called "Anon Talk"… or wait… isn't that filled with pedophiles? Hmm…

MOAR Boards is welcome.

Also, I though about another special gallery for videos, because somes pages become quite LONG, not as a CAT, but as a page and reporting them in a gallery – the same way we do with user uploaded pictures – would be great.

… or add a feature to add youtube videos to the gallery.

• wait to unleash his 300+ RANRANROO library over knowyourmeme.com *

Some really great feedback here.

A few days ago, Jamie mentioned to me that he's working out some ideas to improve the way videos and other content are handled.

Also, more boards is a great idea. In regards to a board called /b/, I'm voting "no" just because there already is one /b/ and I just don't see a need to try to recreate it. But, a board that was dedicated to /b/-related discussion would probably be a good idea.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!