Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,698 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Are users' "Recent Activity" sections supposed to cut off at April 26, 2014 (or 1000 pages)?

Last posted May 07, 2018 at 02:19AM EDT. Added May 06, 2018 at 01:54AM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

Until now, I thought you could go all the way back in any user's "Recent Activity" feed to the first thing they did. I tried it on myself and it goes to page 114 with the earliest comment on April 27, 2014. I was disappointed because I wanted to see my first comments which were in 2013 when I joined. I then tried the one for Brad which goes to page 631 (April 28), then Platus which goes to page 581 (April 26), and finally Don which I found stops at page 1000 on September 29, 2015 (double check any of these by going to the next page which should say "[user] has no recent activity"). This was well after the others, so I assume any of these sections automatically stops at page 1000. But why do the others not go past around April 26, 2014? I understand why the site would have a limit for storage sake, but that date seems arbitrary unless I'm missing something. My ultimate question is what the process is for deciding how far back these sections go.

Hey there – so I followed your link to my most distant page, and the "first" post there is definitely not the first thing I ever posted. I'm pretty sure I was already a mod at that point.

Using my mystical moderator powers of great mystery, I went to look who the first user to register was. And it's Jamie Dubs, who registered on December 5, 2008. Yet somehow his activity page contains nothing earlier than three years ago.

Given that my "earliest" post is from late April, and it's currently early May, I'd say that the cut-off is probably four years. The posts aren't gone. This is the first thing I ever uploaded to KYM, and it's still there. You just can't see it listed on my activity feed.

Yeah, this has been a thing since KYM made the activity feed.

I don't know if scrapbooks can see edit history of an image, but it's present there as well. Today, when an image is first uploaded it will have a "first created" edit.
Example from this image. (condensed for space)

However, images older than the creation of the activity feed for more than just entries will not have the "first created" edit
Example from this image

TBH I thought this was already sorta known. The image edits of people IIRC only count for those after this system was put in place (which is still most of the time the scrapbooker power has been in place but still)

Last edited May 07, 2018 at 02:20AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!