Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Getting an error whenever I try to view comment threads

Last posted Jul 30, 2020 at 10:38PM EDT. Added Jul 28, 2020 at 01:32PM EDT
44 posts from 26 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Master Pain wrote:

For years I've encountered an error whenever viewing comment sections: the bad opinions have tons of upvotes and the good opinions are buried

This was a good opinion, yet it got buried. It seems the forums suffer from the same error

Master Pain wrote:

This was a good opinion, yet it got buried. It seems the forums suffer from the same error

A genuine error report is not the place for shit like that. Even if people agreed, you would deserve every downvote you get.

Also, it is specifically linked comments, that do not work. Everything else, as far as I can tell, broke because of that.

Notably, the same does not happen on forum posts. Maybe it is time to rework stuff? This thing has an edit button too, which is pretty neat.

Last edited Jul 29, 2020 at 09:19AM EDT

An entire thread of people saying "HEY! It's broken!" (including me) and not a single moderator. Not even someone saying, "Hey, thanks for telling us about it, we'll get right on that/look into it/ should have it fixed soon".

The Math Hatter wrote:

An entire thread of people saying "HEY! It's broken!" (including me) and not a single moderator. Not even someone saying, "Hey, thanks for telling us about it, we'll get right on that/look into it/ should have it fixed soon".

They have more important things to do, like making entries for tik tok trends that will be forgotten by tomorrow and making "collections" of random images they got off reddit and facebook.

PatrickBateman96 wrote:

They have more important things to do, like making entries for tik tok trends that will be forgotten by tomorrow and making "collections" of random images they got off reddit and facebook.

Or talking about how much they hate the userbase

Rokonuxa wrote:

A genuine error report is not the place for shit like that. Even if people agreed, you would deserve every downvote you get.

Also, it is specifically linked comments, that do not work. Everything else, as far as I can tell, broke because of that.

Notably, the same does not happen on forum posts. Maybe it is time to rework stuff? This thing has an edit button too, which is pretty neat.

Sorry, I was just trying to make a joke

EDIT: On-topic, I'm getting the same error too when trying to view threads

Last edited Jul 29, 2020 at 02:30PM EDT

SHSLNecromancer wrote:

Mods need to up their game,there's another 2 threads about this in the Maintenance Report forums and they still haven't noticed.

Mods are indeed gay.

Careful, this comment could be perceived as saying gay people are mods, which would be highly offensive to gay people

Gentle reminder that moderators do not, never have, and most likely never will have any direct control on the actual workings of the site itself. This is solely the realm of the paid staff.

This was brought up in the moderator version of report technology problems on discord yesterday independently of this thread. Again there is literally nothing the mods can do. The site staff are the only ones who have the ability to address issues on the site itself.

This is the system rebelling against our own bad decisions by blocking its own comment threads from being viewed and telling us "dude, you don't want to go onto that rabbit hole, do literally anything else with your time, please, you'll be thankful later, trust me".

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!