Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,696 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Downvote attack

Last posted Mar 16, 2021 at 08:07PM EDT. Added Mar 14, 2021 at 03:19PM EDT
9 posts from 8 users

I just finished watching the awesome netflix historical movie "The siege of Jadotville"

And i deside to take a look at KYM to see what is going

And i see almost all comments on the trending articles downvoted without any discrimination

Do we have any theories on who could have done this?

Omega MISSINGNO wrote:

And?

Look this isn't case of "Oooh someone downvoted me, ban that guy". Everyone in that thread got hit exactly 8 times which is a lot in terms of forum and the topic is not even political. Its obviously a bot attack of some kind.

I've noticed that the excess of downvotes seemingly disappears when you upvote someone, and then after you refresh the page the proper total amount of legit votes is displayed again for the posts you upvoted. It's definitely a bot thing, hopefully the fake downvotes can just be removed altogether.

I noticed this as well, except it was on a post dedicated to reporting a user. For confirmation, it's my latest post on the report forum. I don't think the excessive amount of 5-6 downvotes is limited to one thread but rather, many of them. I can't tell if it's spam induced by bots or some error on behalf of the KYM site. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!