Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,829 total conversations in 1,740 threads

+ New Thread

New site design keeps turning back on

Last posted Aug 20, 2024 at 10:57PM EDT. Added Jul 30, 2024 at 10:16AM EDT
14 posts from 7 users

Haha, so funny thing, yesterday the new site design came back and I immediately turned it off because it sucks copious donkey dung, but then today it was back on again and needed to be turned off again. This is obviously just a silly mistake on the admins' part, because there's no way anyone could seriously think this new design was remotely worth forcing on everyone, what with its confusing layout and lacking in basic functionality the old site had, right? So if anyone could tell me how to snuff out the new site's wretched existence for good, I would be very grateful. Haha :)

_Data_Drain_ wrote:

Okay, how do you turn it off? Because HOLY CRAP it's literally one of the worst changes I've seen on any website….

If you open the "burger menu" in the top right, then scroll down to the bottom, there should be an option that says "old site".

So, for the first time for me, I saw the new site. However, only the front page was affected; going to a different page kept the old style. Luckily, I now know about this "switch back" option in case it should happen again.

blank profile pic wrote:

I've noticed that even after clicking the old site option, I was intially still unable to view this editorial in the old UI. But then the problem seemed to have fixed itself as of typing this comment.

This is only partially related, but for me clicking some of the images from the trending section of the 'History Memes' automatically opens them in another tab without setting up a preview first.
Mind you, I'm on the regular version of the site and not the newer one. How strange.

Last edited Aug 02, 2024 at 06:28PM EDT

fredsworth wrote:

I've seen someone on another thread say that the old design of the site is getting messed up to push people towards the new one. Would any of you agree?

going off my post above yours? wouldn't be very surprising

Last edited Aug 02, 2024 at 10:58PM EDT

fredsworth wrote:

I've seen someone on another thread say that the old design of the site is getting messed up to push people towards the new one. Would any of you agree?

If that IS the case, I might just leave the site completely…. Because that new layout is worse than any glitches in the old layout.

cartridge88 wrote:

what and where?

I believe my directions were clear. The top right corner? The icon with three lines on top of each other? Click that? Scroll down to the bottom? Click "old site"? If you're on the new site, these things should be there.

GreenLinzerd wrote:

I believe my directions were clear. The top right corner? The icon with three lines on top of each other? Click that? Scroll down to the bottom? Click "old site"? If you're on the new site, these things should be there.

oh ok sorry, I was still on old site at the time. then the very next time new site tried to take over, I saw what you were talking about.

So, can confirm this is a thing too. It just happened to me…. And God, I'm reminded why I keep turning the old layout back on.

Because I swear to God if the new layout if a permanent fixture that replaces the old layout. I, and likely many others, will leave outright.

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!