Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Riff-Raff] Study confirms crows more intelligent on average than KYM mods

Last posted Oct 28, 2015 at 03:02AM EDT. Added Oct 23, 2015 at 01:41PM EDT
52 posts from 35 users

In a recent study, crows were shown to be able to solve moderately complex water displacement puzzles to obtain food. We here at Meme Labs arranged a similar test for another organism thought to be unintelligent: KYM mods. We challenged a set of mods to retrieve a Dorito suspended in a tube of Mountain Dew. Here's their solutions:

• Don created a 1-paragraph meme entry on "Doritos Puzzles" and frontpaged it.
  • RandomMan stared at the puzzle in confusion before blowing it off with a sarcastic remark in the hopes that no one would suspect he had no idea what he was doing.
  • Captain Blubber was unable to solve the puzzle, suspended it, and blamed bronys.
  • Particle Mare was unable to solve the puzzle, suspended it, and blamed the Jews.
  • BSOD made a ponification of the Dorito.
  • Twisty attempted the bribe the puzzle by giving it his mixtape.
  • Rapscallion asked the IRC for help, but there was too much Epyc Wyn spam for him to read the replies.
  • Jacob successfully retrieved the Dorito using a secret Amish technique, but instead of eating it, tagged it as "doritos," "soggy," and "orange," then moved it to the "Doritos & Mountain Dew" image gallery.
  • Random 21 deactivated.
  • Verbose didn't understand why the test didn't fit his ideologies, tried to reason with the test to see things from his point of view, got frustrated at the lack of communication, and left.
  • Alex Mercer thought the puzzle was getting bullied too much, called everyone bullies, and deactivates
Last edited Oct 23, 2015 at 02:43PM EDT

0.9999...=1 wrote:

• Bob called the Dew bottle a complete fucking moron and waste of space, then set the testing facility on fire.

I foresee a Broadway musical based on this post. I can picture the reviews now:

"0/10 Hitler didn't have a romantic side-story with that pony entry mod" – Particle Mare
"0/10 I felt personally bullied by this musical" – Epyc Wyn
"10/10 Surprisingly accurate" – HolyCrapItsBob

Edit: Fixed for accuracy.

Last edited Oct 23, 2015 at 02:43PM EDT

PatrickBateman96 wrote:

Gaben the troll scolded the dorito for being more akin to "Super Robo Jesus" rather than "U Mad".

And then sent the Dorito a link to the Entry Guidelines.

PatrickBateman96 wrote:

Gaben the troll scolded the dorito for being more akin to "Super Robo Jesus" rather than "U Mad".

gabens not a mod, who tf let him into the test area

Last edited Oct 23, 2015 at 09:17PM EDT

Precious Roy wrote:

shit we need to get this test quarenteened before something else infects the area

like Kung Fu Cthulu………

Gaben the troll smashed the tube, drank the Dew, ate the Dorito, and then responded to anyone saying he cheated by pointing out he had a belly full of delicious gamery goodness while they had a butt full of hurt.

When later asked how he got into a mod-only area he only said "Protip Advisor: Protip Advisor outranks mods".

• RandomMan tried to make a photoshop of the Dorito and the bottle, when they told him he couldn't do that he ranted about how groups elitism ruined the test.
  • Tomberry didn't even do the test because they forgot he existed.
Gaben the troll scolded the dorito for being more akin to “Super Robo Jesus” rather than “U Mad”.

>Gaben the Troll
>Mod

Jacob successfully retrieved the Dorito using a secret Amish technique, but instead of eating it, tagged it as “doritos,” “soggy,” and “orange,” then moved it to the “Doritos & Mountain Dew” image gallery.

In previous tests, Jacob failed to retrieve the dorito and then continued to blame the staff for not leaving him with a detailed list of dorito removal guidelines.

Samekichi Kiseki wrote:

So, what do i do?

• Samekichi waved at the scientists, wishing for them to acknowledge his existance; thus ignoring the test and failing it.

Asura wrote:

-Asura just started clapping his hand together and said that nobody gives a shit about this test and proceeded to leave the facilities.

Holy shit never knew that Asura's a mod. Congrats on your modhood that you got today.

why am i still here wrote:

She's a mod

I've been gone for too long haven't I

EDIT: YES I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR TOO LONG SHE'S NOT A MOD I'M FALLING FOR EVERYTHING

Last edited Oct 24, 2015 at 04:00PM EDT

Slutty Sam wrote:

I've been gone for too long haven't I

EDIT: YES I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR TOO LONG SHE'S NOT A MOD I'M FALLING FOR EVERYTHING

wb

Precious Roy wrote:

Same security breach that let me into this thread. You mods really need to step up your security, even the crows are laughing.

Slutty Sam wrote:

I love how everyone mentions how gaben isn't a mod but totally missed the fact that Fortune was brought up.

Quiet you fool!

If you point that out she'll spam Andrew Dobson fetish art across the site until you make her one.

She's crazy! It's how she can look at it and think "this is shitty art" instead of having her soul ripped out and imprisoned in Cthulhu's toilet.

Do you want this site's readership to have their souls ripped out and imprisoned in Cthulhu's toilet?

If not, then don't mention that.

• Deltameon acts like a cool guy to the Dorito, puts it on his waifu list, but then mysteriously disappears.
  • KZN02 makes and uploads an LDD version of the Dorito test. All the hours he spent making it means he didn't actually get around to solving the test.
  • Brucker says "Ceci n'est pas une Dorito" and leaves with his cane and AARP card.
  • Tyrantrum/Furret uploads Dorito festish art and then claims the Dorito made him do it.
  • Unraveler was too distracted posting pony images to notice a test was even going on.
  • Blauh uploaded the greatest Dorito fanart ever seen on the face of the earth. But someone thought they saw a pony in it, and Blauh was too distracted by the dumb arguments he never got the Dorito.
  • Mona successfully gets the Dorito. However, he does it in moonspeak and with Japanese memes. Since no one else understands this, they are unable to explain it and just call it random error.

I've gotta admit, selling tickets for the observation area was a great business idea. I must have spent 30$ at the concession stand alone. Although, I can kind of understand how it made breaching security so easy. (I half-considered sneaking in and taking the test myself, but it was too much fun watching those goofs.)

- Natsuru questioned the Dorito's gender and labelled the bottle a "yes".
- ImmaHeman / Synge called the test "Dorito-tan" and tried to make it an injoke and play vidya with it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!