Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,078 total conversations in 682 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
My opinion on the Image Gallery lockings.

Last posted Aug 10, 2014 at 08:13PM EDT. Added Aug 10, 2014 at 08:10PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

I've been seeing the galleries being shut down(and even more to be planned to be shut down), and frankly, I do not like the situation we are in, right now, but I'm definitely not siding with anyone here. I think that both sides of the argument are a bit dumb: The Users for complaining about the Image Galleries being locked after Mods specifically WARNING them that this would happen(aisde from the Childhood galleries because most of the images either applied to things that ruined/enhanced the OP's childhood and things that do not ruin/enhance a childhood), and Mods for not finding a better solution. I mean, a better solution for a problem like this(IMO) would be to remove all irrelevant images or just move them to different galleries like most image cleanings. Then again, if it gets way WAY out of hand, I'd understand the locking(such as the Shadbase gallery), but it doesn't mean all of them. I know the mods are just doing their jobs, but there's tot to be a better way to solve these kinds of problems without starting a major shitstorm within the site's userbase. I hope I've gotten my word out there, today.

I'll just copy what I said in a different thread:

We’re trying to avoid locking galleries now as well, because closing all the popular galleries will only hurt our visitor number. We know a lock isn’t the perfect solution, no worries there. The recent two locks will probably remain the only two for now because they were abused beyond fixing.

And then I'll lock this thread and redirect you to this thread.

Please check for dupe threads first the next time. No need to make a new thread for just your opinion.

Last edited Aug 10, 2014 at 08:14PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!