Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
immature citicism of pewdiepie

Last posted Aug 31, 2014 at 01:43PM EDT. Added Aug 30, 2014 at 01:14PM EDT
56 posts from 25 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Hello everyone.

A while a go i've made this thread:https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/serious-debate/topics/28462-the-jealousy-for-youtubers

which details on how some criticism of popular youtubers is just jealousy. Now i am focusing on Pewdiepie because the hatred is getting out of hand, it is like one of the most hated channels i have seen in this community.

The first criticism i'll address is "he's just in it for the money" and to that i say:who cares? no seriously, because by that logic that would be a genuine reason to hate some comedians. Some comedians want to be paid because comedy takes effort and the people who do it like to be rewarded for their effort. Otherwise for some being comedian is worthless. In fact being paid can be a pretty good motivator to keep doing comedy.

And that is just assuming that he really is in it for the money.

Which leads to my next point but first i am going to relay a question i asked my mother. since we're both muslims i asked her about the morality about the whole situation and she said: "do not assume what they truly think, judge by what they do". In other words what Pewdiepie's 'real' reason as to why he makes videos, what he thinks of his fans or what he thinks of his detractors is none of your business. You can not read someone's mind with a statement he made online, yet the critics assume what he thinks as if they are master psychologists or psychics.

And aren't we forgetting his apology video? He apologised for the comment he made and the rape jokes he used to make. He never made a rape joke ever again stating it was offensive. And about the comment he made? He was joking and being immature on purpose because the video was very immature. And for those who say "what a hyppocrite" he is immature on camera for the sake of comedy and you don't know what he is like behind the screen.

Oh and if you criticise Pewdiepie for the offensive jokes and like psychicpebbles you are a goddamn hypocrite.

Final nail in the coffin is the criticism about him doing charity just for the sake of getting a better
reputation. Again the purpose behind it is none of your business but to a lot his previous

reputation > charity.

You can probably guess why this PISSES ME OFF. When he donate $250,000 to charity he basically gave starving and/or dehydrated kids an arm and a leg and you are telling me that his previous reputation on youtube is more important i say.

Fuck you.

Do you know what it is like to be dehydrated, starving or be contracted with ebola? i've only tasted dehydration. And it is not the full story.

if you ever made the invalid criticism about his charity you are pretentious little shit.

and instead of giving me negative karma put your money where your mouth is and challenge my criticism.

Last edited Aug 30, 2014 at 01:41PM EDT

Honestly, I don't hate Pewdiepie even though I find most of his content unfunny. From what I've heard, he can be nice, but he can be an asshole as well. (For example, that one infamous comment of his telling people who hate his channel to keep watching and commenting because it makes him money). However, overall, I don't hate him as a person or anything like lots of people do. What I do hate are his fantards. A ridiculous majority of his fans are terrible and cringy and can't tolerate other opinions and are 8, etc. There's no denying that. I'm not saying all his fans are like that, just like 99% of them. In their pathetic attempts to make everyone like Pewdiepie they just make people hate him more because hatred of the fans often transfers into hatred for Pewdiepie himself.

my ADD brain can't read your entire block of text, so I'll just pop in, spout my opinion and pop out:

I don't hate Pewds as a person. I do however consider his form of humor to be some of the most low-brow trash that appeals to children and tweens, turning his fanbase into babby's first fandom.

Hell, Markilplier is so much better imo, and even then, hours and hours of watching a guy facecam games as he screams and gets scared becomes really boring really quickly. The comedy created is just as cheap as the jump-scares it's created from.

People like to hate other people. Chill man, it's the Internet.

That Glaceon wrote:

my ADD brain can't read your entire block of text, so I'll just pop in, spout my opinion and pop out:

I don't hate Pewds as a person. I do however consider his form of humor to be some of the most low-brow trash that appeals to children and tweens, turning his fanbase into babby's first fandom.

Hell, Markilplier is so much better imo, and even then, hours and hours of watching a guy facecam games as he screams and gets scared becomes really boring really quickly. The comedy created is just as cheap as the jump-scares it's created from.

People like to hate other people. Chill man, it's the Internet.

the old pewdiepie isn't the same as the new pewdiepie

Muffinlicious wrote:

Literally anything that is popular enough gets criticized. No reason to get pissed about it.

most of the criticism is immature to which i find to be unreasonable.

but the part where reputation > charity is what gets me pissed.

DCS WORLD wrote:

Hello everyone.

A while a go i've made this thread:https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/serious-debate/topics/28462-the-jealousy-for-youtubers

which details on how some criticism of popular youtubers is just jealousy. Now i am focusing on Pewdiepie because the hatred is getting out of hand, it is like one of the most hated channels i have seen in this community.

The first criticism i'll address is "he's just in it for the money" and to that i say:who cares? no seriously, because by that logic that would be a genuine reason to hate some comedians. Some comedians want to be paid because comedy takes effort and the people who do it like to be rewarded for their effort. Otherwise for some being comedian is worthless. In fact being paid can be a pretty good motivator to keep doing comedy.

Which leads to my next point but first i am going to relay a question i asked my mother. since we're both muslims i asked her about the morality about the whole situation and she said: "do not assume what they truly think, judge by what they do". In other words what Pewdiepie's 'real' reason as to why he makes videos, what he thinks of his fans or what he thinks of his detractors is none of your business. You can not read someone's mind with a statement he made online, yet the critics assume what he thinks as if they are master psychologists or psychics.

And aren't we forgetting his apology video? He apologised for the comment he made and the rape jokes he used to make. He never made a rape joke ever again stating it was offensive. And about the comment he made? He was joking and being immature on purpose because the video was very immature. And for those who say "what a hyppocrite" he is immature on camera for the sake of comedy and you don't know what he is like behind the screen.

Oh and if you criticise Pewdiepie for the offensive jokes and like psychicpebbles you are a goddamn hypocrite.

Final nail in the coffin is the criticism about him doing charity just for the sake of getting a better
reputation. Again the purpose behind it is none of your business but to a lot his previous

reputation > charity.

You can probably guess why this PISSES ME OFF. When he donate $250,000 to charity he basically gave starving and/or dehydrated kids an arm and a leg and you are telling me that his previous reputation on youtube is more important i say.

Fuck you.

Do you know what it is like to be dehydrated, starving or be contracted with ebola? i've only tasted dehydration. And it is not the full story.

if you ever made the invalid criticism about his charity you are pretentious little shit.

and instead of giving me negative karma put your money where your mouth is and challenge my criticism.

Wow you put a lot of thought into this… Tl; dr

Your basically using his throwing money at a charity as anti – criticism teflon. As generous as it is it should only really be expected of those who can afford it and PewDiePie definitely can being that he's made millions.

It doesn't make the formula of his material any less played out – which is the reason why alot of people are tired of seeing him continue to make videos and command popularity that your just dancing around. He's not above reproach as a content creator or person and your fanboying really hard right now.

Iamslow wrote:

Your basically using his throwing money at a charity as anti – criticism teflon. As generous as it is it should only really be expected of those who can afford it and PewDiePie definitely can being that he's made millions.

It doesn't make the formula of his material any less played out – which is the reason why alot of people are tired of seeing him continue to make videos and command popularity that your just dancing around. He's not above reproach as a content creator or person and your fanboying really hard right now.

i can't believe you are saying that if someone else makes videos you don't like, it is an unforgivable sin. And that donating to charity is not going to fix it

i have experianced dehydration and it is absolutely horrible, much more horrible than disliking someone's videos and this argument on it's own is a fallacy because you are placing a higher importance of a reputation on youtube than stopping someone's death.

he donated to charity back when he made that comment and he is still doing it to this day.

Last edited Aug 30, 2014 at 05:21PM EDT

Your opinion is good. Use your opinion how you want. But it's an opinion, and nobody is obligated to like it, nor dispute it in an argument and give you negative karma instead. If it's someone else's opinion that he fucking sucks and is unfunny (mine), and yours differs, you can dispute it how you may. Give me negative karma or dispute, whatever.

And great, he donated to charity. That makes him a better person. Good on him. But it doesn't default mean he's a funny person, nor an entertaining person. Hell, Charlie Sheen donated to charity. Doesn't mean he's any less of a doucheface.

tl;dr: Just because someone did a good thing doesn't mean they're a good person. Same as the fact that just because you did something good doesn't mean you're a good comedian.

EDIT: Also, don't talk shit when you know you gon get hit.

Last edited Aug 30, 2014 at 05:24PM EDT

DCS WORLD wrote:

it seems a lot of people are afraid to challenge me

I'm just quaking in my boots over your opinion of some YouTuber who screams a lot.

M I D O R I マグナム洞 wrote:

Your opinion is good. Use your opinion how you want. But it's an opinion, and nobody is obligated to like it, nor dispute it in an argument and give you negative karma instead. If it's someone else's opinion that he fucking sucks and is unfunny (mine), and yours differs, you can dispute it how you may. Give me negative karma or dispute, whatever.

And great, he donated to charity. That makes him a better person. Good on him. But it doesn't default mean he's a funny person, nor an entertaining person. Hell, Charlie Sheen donated to charity. Doesn't mean he's any less of a doucheface.

tl;dr: Just because someone did a good thing doesn't mean they're a good person. Same as the fact that just because you did something good doesn't mean you're a good comedian.

EDIT: Also, don't talk shit when you know you gon get hit.

im not addressing the reasons people dislike him as a content creator.

i'm addressing the full of shit reasons people use to criticise him.

DCS WORLD wrote:

I personally have nothing against pewdiepie, I just find his fans to be very annoying. And from what I've seen, many people feel the same way.

DCS WORLD wrote:

Full of shit reasons = that he's a shit content creator who's "oh so funny lel xDDDDDD" because he screams a lot and makes overused jokes that he repeats over and over again and has a group of people who will suck his dick because of this?

Obviously I'm pulling things out of my ass.

M I D O R I マグナム洞 wrote:

Full of shit reasons = that he's a shit content creator who's "oh so funny lel xDDDDDD" because he screams a lot and makes overused jokes that he repeats over and over again and has a group of people who will suck his dick because of this?

Obviously I'm pulling things out of my ass.

you fall into "reasons people dislike him as a content creator.".

which means i'm not addressing you.

so bye.

Last edited Aug 30, 2014 at 05:32PM EDT

Fiddle with my Diddle wrote:

Wow did you really just say that?
now I can’t take you seriously now

you know i just misinterpreted what other people's behaviours were.

DCS WORLD wrote:

it seems a lot of people are afraid to challenge me

As long as we follow the Marquess of Queensberry Rules, I am willing to take your challenge. I'll have you know that as a Briton my threats of "slapping you 'round the gabber" and "swearing on me mam" should be more than adequate.

But seriously, everyone has already stated that they dislike or are uninterested in pewdiepie for his style of humour, with everything else as secondary. Just take that for what it is and move on. It's not the end of the world when someone else has different tastes to you.

M I D O R I マグナム洞 wrote:

When it gets to the point when the person who starts the debate says "I'm not listening to your opinion bye", it's time to stop taking it seriously.

you misinterpreted what i said.

the people i am criticising are people who think pewdiepie is an immoral person that doesn't deserve to live.

you are not one of them, you are one of the ones who dislike him because you don't like his content.

DCS WORLD wrote:

you misinterpreted what i said.

the people i am criticising are people who think pewdiepie is an immoral person that doesn't deserve to live.

you are not one of them, you are one of the ones who dislike him because you don't like his content.

I dislike Pewdiepie in reasons I don't want talk about

But I hate his fanbase more

announcement: this is not a discussion about pewdiepie being a good content creator.

this is about people who think he is worse than hitler.
the people i am addressing are like:

not:

Last edited Aug 30, 2014 at 06:05PM EDT

DCS WORLD wrote:

announcement: this is not a discussion about pewdiepie being a good content creator.

the people i am addressing are like:

not:

Why should you care, its their business not yours

Iamslow wrote:

i think i may have misinterpreted you saying "giving to charity doesn't make you a good person"

After reading the thread in the OP's Post and afterwards the entire thing, I have one thing to say.

Who are you to say that we are immature, that you spent about a half hour trying to make just to defend what most of us consider a waste of time to argue about?

Cronus wrote:

After reading the thread in the OP's Post and afterwards the entire thing, I have one thing to say.

Who are you to say that we are immature, that you spent about a half hour trying to make just to defend what most of us consider a waste of time to argue about?

the quality of his content is irrelevent.

Last edited Aug 30, 2014 at 07:58PM EDT

DCS WORLD wrote:

the quality of his content is irrelevent.

Obviously a content creator's content quality is relevant in any conversation regarding their criticism.

The first criticism i’ll address is “he’s just in it for the money” and to that i say:who cares? no seriously, because by that logic that would be a genuine reason to hate some comedians

Being a comedian takes effort. Playing video games doesn't.

There's no reason to believe he isn't.

When he donate $250,000 to charity he basically gave starving and/or dehydrated kids an arm and a leg and you are telling me that his previous reputation on youtube is more important i say.

You're talking about a guy who makes possibly up to $16 million a year playing video games. Forgive me for saying that donating 1/64th of his video game money does not make him immune to criticism and hate and it also doesn't instantly rule out that he did it to better his reputation. Granted, $250,000 is a lot of money and it is a good thing.

That would be, of course, if it was his money. But it isn't. It's his fans' money being donated to him on IndieGogo, which includes the perk to hang out with him for a cool $50,000.

There are other popular users, such as Cr1TiKal, that donate 100% of his earnings from Youtube to charity.

Fuck you.

Don't post in serious debate if you're angry.

"Some comedians want to be paid because comedy takes effort and the people who do it like to be rewarded for their effort."

So more effort means more valuable content? By this logic everyone with a proper job should get his amount of money or that if you spend days making something it is instantly of higher quality and more valuable. People think that he does not deserve the money he gets and that he just craves more. You could give a fraction of his money to 1000 more deserving people such as firemen and doctors at the NHS. I mean you care about suffering so why are you saying he should only live off a small percentage of what he owns and donate the rest to charity or give away.

"You can not read someone’s mind with a statement he made online, yet the critics assume what he thinks as if they are master psychologists or psychics."

Like you assume they think they are master psychologists or psychics. Also they are more likely questioning his statements and they do not believe them. Don't fault them for that.

"And for those who say “what a hyppocrite” he is immature on camera for the sake of comedy and you don’t know what he is like behind the screen."

Neither do you. He could be a racist, homophobic and/or criminal for all you know.

"Final nail in the coffin is the criticism about him doing charity just for the sake of getting a better reputation. Again the purpose behind it is none of your business but to a lot his previous"

If he was doing it for reputation then that means as soon as he realizes he doesn't need to anymore he will stop. Also he would have probably never donated if he didn't need to boost his reputation. Does he really care? Or is this just something that he sees as an opportunity to do good for himself and not others?

"and instead of giving me negative karma put your money where your mouth is and challenge my criticism."

There you go. I didn't even point out you have the grammar equivalent to a monkey with dyslexia, you annoying mongoloid.

Taryn wrote:

Obviously a content creator's content quality is relevant in any conversation regarding their criticism.

The first criticism i’ll address is “he’s just in it for the money” and to that i say:who cares? no seriously, because by that logic that would be a genuine reason to hate some comedians

Being a comedian takes effort. Playing video games doesn't.

There's no reason to believe he isn't.

When he donate $250,000 to charity he basically gave starving and/or dehydrated kids an arm and a leg and you are telling me that his previous reputation on youtube is more important i say.

You're talking about a guy who makes possibly up to $16 million a year playing video games. Forgive me for saying that donating 1/64th of his video game money does not make him immune to criticism and hate and it also doesn't instantly rule out that he did it to better his reputation. Granted, $250,000 is a lot of money and it is a good thing.

That would be, of course, if it was his money. But it isn't. It's his fans' money being donated to him on IndieGogo, which includes the perk to hang out with him for a cool $50,000.

There are other popular users, such as Cr1TiKal, that donate 100% of his earnings from Youtube to charity.

Fuck you.

Don't post in serious debate if you're angry.

actually he makes 4 million a year which means every month he makes $250,000.

i don't think he is going to wait a month to pay starving children.

and you all seem to be forgetting one thing. you guys don't have any genuine reasons to hate this guy.

and also

disliking his content =/= hating him as a person

Last edited Aug 30, 2014 at 08:47PM EDT

Spider-Byte wrote:

"Some comedians want to be paid because comedy takes effort and the people who do it like to be rewarded for their effort."

So more effort means more valuable content? By this logic everyone with a proper job should get his amount of money or that if you spend days making something it is instantly of higher quality and more valuable. People think that he does not deserve the money he gets and that he just craves more. You could give a fraction of his money to 1000 more deserving people such as firemen and doctors at the NHS. I mean you care about suffering so why are you saying he should only live off a small percentage of what he owns and donate the rest to charity or give away.

"You can not read someone’s mind with a statement he made online, yet the critics assume what he thinks as if they are master psychologists or psychics."

Like you assume they think they are master psychologists or psychics. Also they are more likely questioning his statements and they do not believe them. Don't fault them for that.

"And for those who say “what a hyppocrite” he is immature on camera for the sake of comedy and you don’t know what he is like behind the screen."

Neither do you. He could be a racist, homophobic and/or criminal for all you know.

"Final nail in the coffin is the criticism about him doing charity just for the sake of getting a better reputation. Again the purpose behind it is none of your business but to a lot his previous"

If he was doing it for reputation then that means as soon as he realizes he doesn't need to anymore he will stop. Also he would have probably never donated if he didn't need to boost his reputation. Does he really care? Or is this just something that he sees as an opportunity to do good for himself and not others?

"and instead of giving me negative karma put your money where your mouth is and challenge my criticism."

There you go. I didn't even point out you have the grammar equivalent to a monkey with dyslexia, you annoying mongoloid.

the psychological part was an exagerration.

and in of your paragraphs i thought: "my god the assumptions are reaching critical mass"

DCS WORLD wrote:

actually he makes 4 million a year which means every month he makes $250,000.

i don't think he is going to wait a month to pay starving children.

and you all seem to be forgetting one thing. you guys don't have any genuine reasons to hate this guy.

and also

disliking his content =/= hating him as a person

It's anywhere from $2.5 to $20 million, which is why I said it is "possibly" up to $16 million. This is beside the point, however, as it's not his money that he is donating.

I'm assuming you aren't taking the time to read these posts, so I'll keep my next point brief.

People don't need a reason to hate him. People are allowed to hate him if he makes a lot of money that they feel isn't deserved.

I don't think he makes good content, and there's reason to believe he is only capitalizing on stupid people (his audience) for monetary gain. I wouldn't exactly call these good qualities for a person to have.

Edit: You realize $4 million a year is $333,333/month, right?

Last edited Aug 30, 2014 at 08:59PM EDT

This what's the point of this thread? Why address such a small minority?

DCS WORLD wrote:

the psychological part was an exagerration.

and in of your paragraphs i thought: "my god the assumptions are reaching critical mass"

Not very clear exaggeration.

Also actually point out these assumptions I have said. I mean I could say you just assume everyone who opposes your viewpoint is assuming when in reality they are making legitimate criticism you pass off as an assumption.

Spider-Byte wrote:

Not very clear exaggeration.

Also actually point out these assumptions I have said. I mean I could say you just assume everyone who opposes your viewpoint is assuming when in reality they are making legitimate criticism you pass off as an assumption.

that is called a misinterpretation.

btw

STOP

MAKING

ASSUMPTIONS

you don't know what he thinks and using an assumption like a conclusion is risky because you are playing with probability.

in other words you were gambling with pewdiepie.

DCS WORLD wrote:

that is called a misinterpretation.

btw

STOP

MAKING

ASSUMPTIONS

you don't know what he thinks and using an assumption like a conclusion is risky because you are playing with probability.

in other words you were gambling with pewdiepie.

As I said I am not making assumptions and you are even quoting them. I told you why people do this. Either way you can't assume he is a good person either. As I said for all we know he could be evil and using charity work as a cover up. I'm not assuming this nor have I said he is bad.

GIVE
EVIDENCE
THAT I'M MAKING ASSUMPTIONS

"this is about people who think he is worse than hitler."

This really boggles me, no one here is saying that shit you are referring to however you are insulting us and taunting us as if we were that persons, if you want to discuss that shit go to youtube. More than a discussion you seem to be trolling.

Rikkhan wrote:

"this is about people who think he is worse than hitler."

This really boggles me, no one here is saying that shit you are referring to however you are insulting us and taunting us as if we were that persons, if you want to discuss that shit go to youtube. More than a discussion you seem to be trolling.

Well sorry then

Warriorman I'd suggest accepting people's opinions and not sticking your fingers in your ears screaming "NAH NAH NAH I CANT HEAR YOU" because right now this thread is pretty trash since your entire counterpoint is "I don't want to listen to your point" and i have half a mind to lock it

A post about "immature criticism" from people that dislike an entertainer comes to a climax with a bluntly-stated "fuck you" to the dissenters.

The irony is palpable.

Last edited Aug 31, 2014 at 02:25AM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

Warriorman I'd suggest accepting people's opinions and not sticking your fingers in your ears screaming "NAH NAH NAH I CANT HEAR YOU" because right now this thread is pretty trash since your entire counterpoint is "I don't want to listen to your point" and i have half a mind to lock it

You forgot the part where he starts to cry about downvotes.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!