Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Why aren't Anglos reclaiming Jerusalem?

Last posted Apr 12, 2018 at 07:55PM EDT. Added Apr 09, 2018 at 01:45AM EDT
15 posts from 12 users

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Wasn't the Middle East part of the British Empire? What happened? Did your Balls drop off? It's kinda sad to see your Empire get reduced to an Island and a half.

Last edited Apr 09, 2018 at 01:50AM EDT

Parts of Egypt were in British hands…sort of. After WW1, which the Jews financed British victory for the Brits got the Mandate of Palestine. The French had Syria. During the Mandate years the Brits were duplicitous, going back on much of their promises, and siding frequently with Arab mobs. During the height of the Holocaust they closed down the borders so Jews fleeing to the holy Land would be sent back. Most perished.

Jewish terrorism on British targets was also increasing, and after WW2 the British empire was so weak that it was impossible to maintain colonies, especially when the US was putting heavy pressure on European decolonization. Eventually the Brits carved out the borders and left.

But Jerusalem was in British control for about two and a half decades.

Honestly the British empire was absolutely despicable. They were the biggest agents of their own destruction. Their economic policies in India created massive unrest which forced them to lose India and Pakistan. Their colonial mentality got them into WW1 which would have not occurred if the conflict was regional in the Balkans and not a free for all from the continental powers. They betrayed the Jews which financed their victory in WW1. They betrayed the Poles and arguably let WW2 occur. As an avid lover of History, nothing put a smile on my face than when Brexit occurred. I hope to see Scotland independent in my lifetime. It would be the ultimate historic irony, as a 600 years of territorial expansion, gone in one lifetime.

@Haise

Tbh dude, the actual answer to the question seems pretty clear to me. It's that the UK doesn't have the power necessary to win such a war with a net benefit, and a democratic system which is resistant to wars that can't be justified to the public easily. In addition, Jerusalem beyond the religious side of things is not a particularly valuable city on the global scale or relative to the UK, I'm sure there are many targets that would come first if the UK gained power again.

I feel like you knew all that tho, or you thought it up before. It comes naturally to me at least, though perhaps I'm being too broad with my strokes. I'm a bit confused/surprised this topic is here, in any case.

Haise Sasaki wrote:

Wasn't the Middle East part of the British Empire? What happened? Did your Balls drop off? It's kinda sad to see your Empire get reduced to an Island and a half.

"Your Empire"
I'm not even british or white for that matter. this is not a british/white exclusive forum.
the main reason they're not reclaiming every little bit of the british empire is because they treated the people there terribly & they have the right to run their own land. "because we once took it over 100 years ago back when we had no fucking clue bacteria existed & thought cocaine had healing properties" is not a fucking excuse to reclaim anything these days, do you live in the present at all?

Edit: Also Israel & Britain are good allies, speaking of present day, and Jerusalem pretty much belongs to who it should belong to. Britain has no proper reason to declare war on Israel because [aside from 'evidence' from conspiracy theorists] Israel is not a real threat to Britain infact aside from mostly domestic issues like crime, terrorism & racial tension[while definetly sparked initially by syrian immigration, pubescent brainwashed white nationalists like you certainely aren't fucking clean & are making the problem fucking worse,ahem to The Finsbury Park Attack & "Punish a Muslim Day"] Britain is barely threatened by anyone at the moment & is unlikely to go to war for at least the remaining 2010s.

Last edited Apr 10, 2018 at 06:55PM EDT

Joey Corleone wrote:

"Your Empire"
I'm not even british or white for that matter. this is not a british/white exclusive forum.
the main reason they're not reclaiming every little bit of the british empire is because they treated the people there terribly & they have the right to run their own land. "because we once took it over 100 years ago back when we had no fucking clue bacteria existed & thought cocaine had healing properties" is not a fucking excuse to reclaim anything these days, do you live in the present at all?

Edit: Also Israel & Britain are good allies, speaking of present day, and Jerusalem pretty much belongs to who it should belong to. Britain has no proper reason to declare war on Israel because [aside from 'evidence' from conspiracy theorists] Israel is not a real threat to Britain infact aside from mostly domestic issues like crime, terrorism & racial tension[while definetly sparked initially by syrian immigration, pubescent brainwashed white nationalists like you certainely aren't fucking clean & are making the problem fucking worse,ahem to The Finsbury Park Attack & "Punish a Muslim Day"] Britain is barely threatened by anyone at the moment & is unlikely to go to war for at least the remaining 2010s.

Tell that to Corbyn.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!