Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,092 total conversations in 681 threads

+ New Thread

Only idiots have faith in humanity?

Last posted Apr 18, 2018 at 10:15AM EDT. Added Apr 18, 2018 at 09:42AM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

So I read a YouTube comment the other day. Don't remember exactly what it said, nor am I going to bother sifting through my video history to try and find which video it was, because I don't remember. But this comment I read when I scrolled down to the comment section somehow ended up sticking with me.

Basically, the person wrote that human beings aren't inherently good, and that there's a reason why we have armies and law enforcement and we give them our tax dollars to fund their weapons and such. Something akin to that, anyway…but what they wrote at the end of this comment is what annoyed me the most:

"Only idiots have faith in humanity."

Now I do believe it's obvious as to why this part of their comment annoyed me. While it's obvious countless members of humanity are utterly disgusting and irredeemable, the fact this person went out of his way to state that those who have hope, those who believe there're people out there who are good at heart and truly aim to right the many wrongs in this world.

The fact they carelessly called those people idiots just got to me. There's nothing to be done to actually try and talk to this person, for I highly doubt they've changed their tune and they'll likely think this way and be a negative towards humanity until the day they die.

But now I wish to ask all of you this question:

Do you believe those who have genuine faith in humanity are idiots?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!