Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,067 total conversations in 679 threads

+ New Thread

The Beginning of the End

Last posted Jul 14, 2020 at 09:14PM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2020 at 07:39PM EDT
8 posts from 6 users

Im going to keep this short but has anyone else noticed that with the surge of increase in popularity of anime series e.g. Jojo, there has also been a startling lack of original memes? I would gladly present my evidence that I have collected while studying this period, and I feel that as vines once died, memes themselves could be reaching their inevitable conclusion.

Idk if memes will conclude, they'll prob die out in their current form, but moments in the context of a piece of media or culture showing through the net have been going on since before the internet existed

Memes as a whole won't reach an end, because memes come and go. Like the cycle of samsara, that which existed in the past is reborn again, in a new form. This will go on as long as people are still alive

Master Pain wrote:

Memes as a whole won't reach an end, because memes come and go. Like the cycle of samsara, that which existed in the past is reborn again, in a new form. This will go on as long as people are still alive

The idea that memes can "die" is bullshit, because the internet never forgets.

I feel like there are some good points made and ultimately what happens to memes is out of our influence.

Who knows, memes may not die out or evolve into something else and may just continue on until the end of humanity, but sadly, the odds are stacked against it.

Good luck for the future my brothers, and may memes always hold a special place in our lives.

Paul

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!