Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Report post/comments

Last posted Feb 02, 2016 at 04:23PM EST. Added Feb 02, 2016 at 10:32AM EST
4 posts from 4 users

This feature really needs to be implemented not only to prevent spambots faster but to kill off the bad content that leaks out from riff raff to general.

It's a tad easy to abuse that. 1. Get le posse of haters to report an innocent post of someone they dislike. 2. Le account gets le warning. 3. Le posse continues and gets that account suspended. 4. ??? 5. Anarchy in the forums.

While sometimes the mods are slow, they get the job done. If you post it in a related thread (e.g. Image cleaning), or mention it to a related mod (either over irc or pm) typically it'll be fixed in no longer than two hours.

Add that to Epyc's criticism, you can see why it might not be the best feature.

The idea of putting a "report" button on the comment section has already been brought up several times on the mod forum, although ultimately it was just another idea to enforce the rules on the comment section and in the end, we enforced them without the need of a button.

Probably it would help when it comes to reporting comments that breaks the rules so I don't think it's a bad idea.

When it comes to the forum I don't think we need a report button. Having mods for this specific section of the site makes up for the lack of a report button, it's a relatively small section and easier to moderate in comparison to the comment section.

We are always checking so it's easy to prevent Riff Raff from "leaking to other boards". Spam is not so much of a problem either, the only problem I find annoying is people posting in spam threads and that can be fixed with a small warning.

@ Wyn

1. Get le posse of haters to report an innocent post of someone they dislike. 2. Le account gets le warning. 3. Le posse continues and gets that account suspended. 4. ??? 5. Anarchy in the forums.

The line of work would be something like this:

Someone hits the report button >> Mods reads the report >> ¿Did it it break the rules? If yes, warn. If not, explain why it's not a valid report >> ¿They abuse the button for fun? Warn the OP.

It's easy to spot who is doing it just for the kicks and who isn't. We ain't idiots.

If we are talking about a report button, I prefer to have one for images. I think it would help a lot in terms of effeciency when it comes to media moderation.

Last edited Feb 02, 2016 at 06:58PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!