Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Is the "Show fewer ponies" button even relevant anymore? (Also with modernized replacement)

Last posted Feb 03, 2016 at 01:24AM EST. Added Feb 02, 2016 at 12:11PM EST
4 posts from 3 users

I mean, back when MLP was the top gallery, I could understand. But now that it's sorta declining in popularity, it doesn't really have a use.

Heck, a better option would be gallery/tag filters, so you never see anything tagged with specific tags on your profile, hidden privately, of course.

If I entered to hide the tag "unfunny", it'll never show any images tagged so.

Whadda think, would that be better than having a button for 1 specific galley, or no?

This has been discussed several times. The gist of it is that the site isn't built to filter images like that. It'd be somewhere in between unfeasible and impossible.

Perhaps the hide ponies button could be changed to something else though. Maybe remove all nsfw/spoilers? Maybe hide all [current top gallery].

I'd say have it filter out NSFW images instead of ponies. Nowadays, NSFW images are the things you see the most objections to.

Though if the button filters out images in the MLP entry rather than images with the "MLP" tag, just changing the code a little likely wouldn't for NSFW images. You'd only be able to filter one gallery, rather than all NSFWs.

Last edited Feb 02, 2016 at 05:18PM EST

Yeah, a NSFW/Spoil filter would work pretty well.

I dunno much about website coding, so I guess it'd be a much more simple script change than a tag filter?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!