Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

i am being misgendered by my "media bus boy" title you shitlord (✿◡‿◡)

Last posted Apr 19, 2016 at 05:24AM EDT. Added Apr 17, 2016 at 09:04AM EDT
26 posts from 13 users

as a demi-sapio-romantic ambisexual transnigger tapir-type otherkin, i would like to ask the mods to check their privileges and pffftchtch I can't type this with straight face

Seriously, though, it seems a bit weird that the "media bus boy" title is applied to all users who fulfill the requirements. Doubly so since "bus boy" and the associated terms are very mostly just Americanisms.

This seems incredibly trivial.

I mean, isn't there another level you could aspire to?

Does whatever your title call you really matter? I mean, I don't even care for Forum Moderator, but I'm not complaining.

Honestly, I really don't get the point of this title name change. This is such a trivial issue/change that there really isn't that much of a point to change the title name at all. And besides, if you get enough media edits, it will get replaced anyways. So it really makes this change moot.

Last edited Apr 18, 2016 at 12:46PM EDT

Genry wrote:

To being called a "Media Maid"

You missed the point bro. Here's the title list for media edits:

I can find myself agreeing with "Media Busser" if only to keep the consistency of double names present accross the board of media edit titles. "Media Bus Boy" sounds lamer imo than "Media Busser". Gender is not a part of my opinion.

Last edited Apr 18, 2016 at 01:38PM EDT

Artichoke wrote:

Sounds pretty fitting to me. Though Media Janitor sounds little better for the bottom of the tiers of Media Nerds.

I find myself liking the title "media janitor" a little more also

But it to each his own

Why not "Media Custodian" instead of "Media Janitor"? I know this may be very trivial in comparison to everything else here, but Custodian sounds more dignified and it conveys a sense of responsibility. By meaning, they not only maintain and clean, but they also watch and protect.

(Definition here.)

Just thought I'd put my two cents in.

Last edited Apr 18, 2016 at 05:03PM EDT

Custodian > Janitor IMO. Seems like a reasonable change.

so what is a media chauffeur if its not photo chauffeur or media bus boy?

500 image edits I think? If that's what you're asking.

Mom Rivers wrote:

Custodian > Janitor IMO. Seems like a reasonable change.

so what is a media chauffeur if its not photo chauffeur or media bus boy?

500 image edits I think? If that's what you're asking.

Yeah but im not a photo chauffeur. Which is 500 image edits. So were new titles created or what?

I would like to get it changed back to Photo Chauffeur given that I didn't want a large string of redundant wording in the title chain. That's exactly what I wanted to avoid.

Maybe have it be:

• Image Custodian
  • Photo Chauffeur

And Bus Boy and Janitor can be saved for whenever we inevitably need to raise the minimum requirements for Media Maid.

And if not, I have the perfect solution! If you set your profile to Female the title will display as "Bust Boy".

Last edited Apr 19, 2016 at 04:02AM EDT

TripleA9000 wrote:

Yeah but im not a photo chauffeur. Which is 500 image edits. So were new titles created or what?

You'd know if new titles were made

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!