Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Making the IRC either more or less part of the site

Last posted May 06, 2016 at 01:53AM EDT. Added May 04, 2016 at 09:08PM EDT
3 posts from 3 users

We've had this discussion many time before but a I feel it needs to be brought up again.
The irc has been constantly considered a place where it is generally ok to bend the rules a lot the an extent where its community has driven plenty of users off the site.
While these days it is generally tame, with the debacle of Arcanine it seems its still a very debatable subject as it was hard to say whether he was just shitposting in the irc or he was legit acting like an idiot.
I feel that either 2 things could be done to help improve on this problem.
1. Make the irc a bigger part of the site instead of a small button and area of the site and actually enforce rules there, making it friendlier and more fun for newcomers and bringing it back to its original purpose, possibly replacing one of the not as useful buttons like Episodes Blog or Specials

2. Remove it entirely from the site and keep it as it is, making it so what we say and do there does not effect the site as much as it does now.
I feel it would help if we made the irc more friendly and part of the site, it would help build the community and would remove this weird forums and comments divide we usually have.
Thoughts?

Last edited May 04, 2016 at 09:09PM EDT

I wouldn't mind option 1, but I don't have a horse in the race as I don't visit the IRC, so what I think doesn't matter that much. I do find the status of it strange. It's part of KYM but it isn't really part of KYM. I think there needs to be a firm decision on it. If it's part of KYM, enforce KYM rules on it and incorporate it into the community. If it isn't part of KYM, stop constantly bringing up circlejerks/inside jokes from it here and especially stop shifting the stupid drama over to here that is stirred up.

I don't really see any reason to change it. I definitely don't think the IRC needs more rules and moderation as it's the place people go when they want a more relaxed environment. I also don't see any reason why it would need to be separated from the site, especially since then there would be no way for new users to even find out about the IRC short of an older user telling them about it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!