Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Automatically de-spoilering images

Last posted Jun 03, 2016 at 02:21AM EDT. Added Jun 02, 2016 at 01:01PM EDT
5 posts from 5 users

Simple idea, if an image is given a spoiler tag upon being uploaded, the tag gets removed after one or two weeks. These days, spoilers are mostly used for images related to an announcement or trailer, which is reasonable as the surprise shouldn't be ruined for others, but after a while, everybody knows about the announcement and it's no longer a spoiler. Despite that, many users either forget or don't care about removing the spoiler tag, so instead of having to hunt for spoilers everywhere, they could automatically be removed after a few weeks. What do you guys think?

We've been asking this to the admins for months but we never got replied back about it. I though on making it 1 month long but some mods disagreed and expressed how it was too long. I guess 2 weeks works.

Nowadays lurking through some galleries is a pain in the ass due the ammounts of spoilered images, and some of them really fail on being spoilers (I've seen a picture about Flowey's first battle spoiled 9 MONTHS after the game was out, where do we set the limit?).

So yeah, +1 for me.

Definitely a great idea. Although there should be some sort of manual override for mods/scrapbookers in case of long term spoilers (such as a leak that's months away).

Not sure how feasible it is from a coding perspective.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!