Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

A couple of suggestions I would like to share.

Last posted Jun 09, 2016 at 11:34AM EDT. Added Jun 08, 2016 at 06:57AM EDT
7 posts from 5 users

Over the 2 years I've been on this site, I've found my experiences quite enjoyable. However I've come across a few things that could use some improvement;

1. A direct link to relevant forum threads just above the comments section.
Influenced by my experiences with GG's comments section (as well as a brief discussion I had with Loli roughly half a year ago), may I suggest a small blurb redirecting users to the designated shitting street forum thread for a given entry? Here's a mockup of what I had in mind (using Overwatch's comments section as a base. I mean no ill will to the game nor Methbender);

2. The "Show Fewer Ponies" button
I'm not sure if there are any plans for that relic of a button, but have you considered making it a filter for a specific gallery as a whole? That way, other users can not only filter out MLP-related images, but also any gallery/galleries of their choosing.

This is all I have for the time being. Thank you for reading my suggestions.

Last edited Jun 08, 2016 at 06:58AM EDT

I like the idea for the Forum thread button. Could possibly bring more people to the forums.

Last edited Jun 08, 2016 at 09:29AM EDT

We have something similar to your first suggestion, only downside is that one of the editors has to add it

But I agree, making it a little bit more obvious wouldn't hurt, but for the time being there's that

The pony mass uploading isn't even the shadow of what it once was, it would be really nice to give the button another use, perhaps filtering NSFW uploads

@ShiJo
The biggest problem is that, simply, a lot of people don't read an entire entry before commenting, and an even larger amount of people don't read the stuff on the side. This is why adding the forum button right above the comments would significantly improve issues with an entry constantly trending.

That forum link is supposed to be for related forum discussions but the last couple of months I just abused it for my Photoshop contests.

It's never used anyways.

Last edited Jun 09, 2016 at 11:05AM EDT

Max wrote:

@ShiJo
The biggest problem is that, simply, a lot of people don't read an entire entry before commenting, and an even larger amount of people don't read the stuff on the side. This is why adding the forum button right above the comments would significantly improve issues with an entry constantly trending.

This was precisely my concern.

Yeah, we do have links at the start of the article, but tl;dr mentality means that it will likely get ignored.

That's why I put my suggestion forward.

EDIT:
And I just realized now that Randomman and ShiJo have near-identical avatars…

Last edited Jun 09, 2016 at 11:18AM EDT

I think this has been suggested once before but got rejected due to the the other one already existing, but idk. I think the best option would just be moving the Related Discussion thread field to right above the comments.

About the second one, allowing users to choose any gallery is not possible due to the code. It has been suggested many times before and has been rejected each time because the code doesn't allow it. It is possible to change it to a hide NSFW or hide Spoilers, which would be a good idea to change.

And I just realized now that Randomman and ShiJo have near-identical avatars…

they're using matching avs so it's intentional

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!