Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,926 total conversations in 572 threads

+ New Thread

Image Gallery Pages

Last posted Jul 15, 2016 at 09:55AM EDT. Added Jul 15, 2016 at 12:14AM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

Not sure why this isnt a thing yet. We have the whole "endless scrolling" thing, where at the botton of an image agllery, more get loaded. However eventually the web browser will start to slow down due to increased usage, especially with a lot of gifs. (Especially recently for some reason.) I think we need the option for a traditional page option. You know, 20-50 images per page, then we can click to go to the next, or just select what page we wanna hit up. Come on, basic stuff.

Actually this already exists, but it's not really intuitive. Long time ago, back when I was working on the salvaging the Reaction Faces gallery, there used to be buttons that showed up on occasion that allowed you to go a page forwards or backwards. While I 've not seen them in a while, the URL coding still works for them.

Basically after "photos" in the URL, put "/page/page number" so three pages into the Pokemon gallery would be:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/pokemon/photos/page/3

There are a few minor issues. Last time I really used this, you had to manually enter in older page numbers (no autoscroll or buttons to see other pages. The other problem that I had last time I used it was you could only go back 500 pages max. While in most galleries that is significantly larger image capacity than what is needed, big galleries, like Pokemon or MLP will only go back so far.

Even if you use this technique in combination with sort by oldest, huge galleries will still have a large number of images unobtainable through these means.

Last edited Jul 15, 2016 at 09:18AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!