Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,926 total conversations in 572 threads

+ New Thread

Email Notifications, but instead with the in-site Inbox.

Last posted Aug 07, 2016 at 11:29AM EDT. Added Aug 06, 2016 at 06:56PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

I never ever get any mail in my inbox KnowYourMeme. For the past two years I have used this site, I've only ever got one message, and it was a warning. If you look at your email notification settings, you get emails for when you get featured on the homepage, replies, etc.

I choose to keep almost all of mine off because it clogs my email, which I actually use. If we could get these email settings for our KnowYourMeme inbox, it would be great to be notified on this site if I have been replied to, commented on, or reach upvote milestones.

As someone who uses PMing fairly often for non-mod purposes, receiving site emails would definitely clog my inbox and act as more of a nuisance than a convenience (I have received over 37,000 emails from KYM).
I also prefer using my email to receive site notifications because it can then function as a sort of "archive" when I need to search for something that I couldn't normally search for on the site (comment replies, old wall posts, etc.). The KYM inbox on the other hand has no search function.

Alternatively, if KYM is clogging up your email inbox, you could just change your email (Click "Edit Your Profile" and it should be at the top).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!