Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Should the discord server be linked to the top right alongside the chat link?

Last posted Oct 27, 2016 at 07:24PM EDT. Added Oct 24, 2016 at 10:50AM EDT
13 posts from 9 users

Muffinlicious wrote:

Why do we need an official discord server when the IRC serves the exact same purpose?

I thought the one we had was official? besides its a lot more organized than the IRC.

Isn't that thing dead 95% of the time? I heard it had some activity issues before. Its popularity doesn't match IRC levels yet.

I thought the one we had was official?

It's only as official as its participants like to believe.

We don't have an official one, theres 2.
1 is very dead cuz I killed it, the other one is mildly dead because a few users still post there.
Unless one is deleted and the other becomes wildly active I'd say its a waste of time.

Actually the sever I run is very active now. It's no longer dead days at a time and now has a reasonable amount of activity per day. A whole lot of channels were created.

Huh, I didn't even know we had a chat.

I say link to whatever is busiest, whether that's Discord, IRC, or chat. Of course, if the IRC is linked to, then that pesky "It's a part of KYM but it isn't really a part of KYM despite all the fucking drama there spilling over" thing would have to be resolved.

xTSGx wrote:

Huh, I didn't even know we had a chat.

I say link to whatever is busiest, whether that's Discord, IRC, or chat. Of course, if the IRC is linked to, then that pesky "It's a part of KYM but it isn't really a part of KYM despite all the fucking drama there spilling over" thing would have to be resolved.

The chat link is right up there at your profile next to the Rules link. It links to the IRC, channel #knowyourmeme, which is the most popular.

I dunno about the Discord. I don't think they ever promoted the current "popular" channel.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!