Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Favourited Images Gallery

Last posted Jan 08, 2017 at 08:23PM EST. Added Dec 25, 2016 at 04:49AM EST
6 posts from 4 users

So I took a look around and didn't see this topic so I propose it, and that is to turn the favourite image tab into a gallery, why? This would have a few positives.

Instead of 16 or so images being displayed, it would show all of them, if admins can even manage it, you could have a trending tab on it which shows your most used fav images. As well it wouldn't drive people who use autoplay vids on their profiles nuts.

Of course while this can be solved by turning autoplay off, but the other point is still strong on this, with a gallery having several options and showing a lot of images at a time, makes easier to find the image you are looking for, as well you don't have to scroll down your profile page to reach just 16 images which you easily check in 5 seconds then move on to next page and repeat, what is worse if you have like 160 pages of favourite images, and you don't remember on which page was the image, you will go bonkers till you find it.

Might as well easier if you try to find it with keywords and tags in the search bar which honestly probably most people do so rendering the concept of faving images almost entirely useless, why? You can find it anyway! Easier right now if you bookmark the image page and save it to a folder in your browser and give it a name that will remind you what is the image's content.

So in short why a gallery for favourited images would be better than the current tab.

• Unlimited images (or at least more than 16 images at once)
  • With gallery options (e.g. Newest first, most commented, etc.) you can find the images slightly faster
  • You don't have to screen through a ton of pages just simply scroll through one page
  • Would solve the only problem I and probably many other have with autoplay.

Well that's it. Thank you for reading!

I had the same idea and I think it would be really helpful but… can it be actually done? I'd like an admin to post on this thread and say if it's actually possible, since this thread hasn't had any response since it was first posted.

This was sitting here for 14 days, and not single reply of "we will see" or something. If 14 days weren't enough to say at least boo then dunno.

Penny wrote:

This was sitting here for 14 days, and not single reply of "we will see" or something. If 14 days weren't enough to say at least boo then dunno.

Well keep in mind that problems are usually more prioritized than watercooler ideas, mods and admins respond quickest there, considering some problems can and will throw KYM some shit in their fans. Then they have their own forum where they might talk about it there first. Then again, mods keep saying The Council is a carnival greasy muddy pig catching competition and I would understand completely.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!