Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

A little change in the dashboard to make the website safer to use in public.

Last posted Mar 23, 2017 at 11:03AM EDT. Added Mar 22, 2017 at 12:10PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

When someone you follow comments an image, the image link is included above the comment in the dashboard:

If we see the info of this image we can see that it's NSFW:

I suggest that we include in the dashboard a NSFW and Spoiler tag next to image links, like this:

This would make it safer to use the dashboard in public places and would be helpful for those who want to check their friends activity without being spoilered about their favourite shows or those who are not interested at all in seeing NSFW content.

Last edited Mar 22, 2017 at 12:11PM EDT

Realistically speaking, it would be pretty damn difficult to have a catch-all NSFW system in place on the dashboard. I understand your reasoning, but the difficulty in making it anywhere near effective, along with the fact that the dashboard is a mostly dead site element for most users, puts it on thin ice.

For example, if an entry is already marked as containing NSFW content (take NieR automata for example), the use of the NSFW tag in its galleries is then elevated to content that is considered exceptionally unsafe when compared to the entry's contents. You would also see any images embedded in forum posts or comments, which could just as easily be unhidden NSFW content. Even in the perfect word where media uploads were all perfectly NSFW-tagged and spoiler-tagged, a decent number of items would slip through, depending on the kind of users you're following.

As much as it sounds like a shitty answer, the safest option I can give you is avoid social features of KYM if you're in a position where spoilers or NSFW content would ruin your experience. KYM has just never been in a position to handle foolproof content restriction depending on a user's needs.

Last edited Mar 23, 2017 at 11:04AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!