Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Is a report button possible for images, videos, users ?

Last posted May 28, 2018 at 11:23PM EDT. Added May 25, 2018 at 08:48AM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

To streamline and make it easier to report things that break the rules, how about a report button that makes it easier for users to contact the right mod or admin to deal with certain situations or content.

Rules would be needed in place to make sure some random user doesn't start spamming messages to mods, here are my suggestions.

• You must have an account.
  • New account users cannot have access to this button until a later date.
  • Once reported, a cool down timer is activated to make sure no one abuses it. An hour+?
  • Users with "bad behaviour" have to wait longer to report again.
  • Maybe certain mods would need to sign up for it?

This is basic and bare bones, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to suggest here.

Last edited May 25, 2018 at 09:12AM EDT

That's odd that this isn't already a thing considering how many rules there are about media, and the number of spambots. The admins sure are conservative when it comes to the setup. No report buttons, no setting to uncover spoilers, no editable comments, no cross-posting images…

I think making it to where users have to contribute to the site before they create entries may be also be a good idea, because it could prevent people from creating accounts to make one sentence forced meme entries then disappearing immediately after.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!