Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Lock the Wojak / Soyjak gallery

Last posted Aug 27, 2021 at 10:20PM EDT. Added Aug 21, 2021 at 06:47PM EDT
11 posts from 8 users

People are just using it to spam the site, like user "northern lights" who has over 350 uploads and almost all of them are soyjak edits. Almost every time I see the Recent Images gallery, half of it is him spamming soyjaks.

The site considers spamming to be “posting of any advertisement or promotional materials.” It would appear that none of the wojak/soyjak images meet this definition of spam. For your sake, stick to Trending Images. They are less likely to appear there.

Cold Hard Crash wrote:

The site considers spamming to be “posting of any advertisement or promotional materials.” It would appear that none of the wojak/soyjak images meet this definition of spam. For your sake, stick to Trending Images. They are less likely to appear there.

It could be argued as Flooding but it wouldn't get the entry locked, just the uploader banned. Of course they stop just shy of straight up flooding so they wouldn't be in any actual danger for warnings let alone bans.

I mean I could understand if it were any other kind of image, like artwork and stuff, but wojaks are barely different than each other, it's the same base image with slight modifications and he's just flooding the site with them.

We really don't need to be hosting 1000+ different minor variations of the same base image.

The edits by northern light are getting lazier and lazier with lower quality edits. I really think the mods should lock the gallery and clean up any unwanted bad edits before more soyjak spammers show up like they did last year.

Square Memester wrote:

The edits by northern light are getting lazier and lazier with lower quality edits. I really think the mods should lock the gallery and clean up any unwanted bad edits before more soyjak spammers show up like they did last year.

Given that the thread's OP was banned, I would not expect that done anytime soon, though maybe it was something unrelated to this that got him banned, like spamming the wall of some of these users, which I see all too often and honestly does not help with anything.

Nedhitis wrote:

Given that the thread's OP was banned, I would not expect that done anytime soon, though maybe it was something unrelated to this that got him banned, like spamming the wall of some of these users, which I see all too often and honestly does not help with anything.

unsure if that's the case or not though i do think people act rather extremely when it comes to soyjaks
i don't like them either, but they shouldn't be getting THIS much attention since the posters might want as much as possible

blank profile pic wrote:

unsure if that's the case or not though i do think people act rather extremely when it comes to soyjaks
i don't like them either, but they shouldn't be getting THIS much attention since the posters might want as much as possible

I think they will continue to post those images regardless of what we think of said images.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!