Forums / Media / Video Games

38,611 total conversations in 2,699 threads

+ New Thread

Bad Company or Modern Warfare?

Last posted Mar 03, 2010 at 09:23AM EST. Added Feb 01, 2010 at 04:18PM EST
35 posts from 18 users

Personally, I love Bad Company. I played the Bad Company 2 demo, and I had more fun simply playing the DEMO of BC2 then I did playing the $60 purchase of Modern Warfare 2.

Also, I liked Bad Company 1 better than COD4. Here are my reasons:

Teamplay- It's just badass how you can actually be a team player. Whether it's healing teammates as a medic or repairing vehicles as an engineer, it's just fun to be doing something other than shoot people.

Destruction- bad company 1 was semi-destructable: Bad Company 2 is almost FULLY destructable, which adds layers and layers of tactics to traditional gameplay. Plus, there's no cooler way of dying than a two-story building falling on your head.

Realistic Combat- Gravity and bullet delay effect bullets, meaning you have to actually try to kill people.

HUGE maps- Simply awesome to be fighting in a battle on a massive scale, especially when you see your chain-gun mounted Black Hawk that is ACTUALLY manned by someone mow down an entire truckful of baddies.

Your opinions?

Last edited Feb 01, 2010 at 04:19PM EST

"Teamplay- It’s just badass how you can actually be a team player. Whether it’s healing teammates as a medic or repairing vehicles as an engineer, it’s just fun to be doing something other than shoot people."

Team Fortress 2?
:O

No but seriously, I never really liked any of the COD games besides Modern Warfare 2, and that was only the campaign, so I go with Bad Company for general awesomness.

I've never played Bad Company and I'm still downloading the demo.

I don't necessarily like Modern Warfare 2 either, so I borrowed it from a friend to beat the game and play the multiplayer for a while.

Honestly, I think Bad Company deserves WAY more attention then it gets.
EA's been good on promising dedicated servers for the PC version in response to Infinity Ward's lack of servers…

But then again, you guy's probably shouldn't take my opinion. I am, after all, a total Battlefield nut.

I just want to hear people's opinions of the game, so you all should download the Bad Company 2 Demo on Live. I wanna know your opinions…

Well, that, and I want to rub it in my friends face that think that MW2 is the best game of all time and that Battlefield could never compare XD

Edit: just found out why the Demo's graphics aren't up to par.

The Build is several months old. The actual game's graphics should be much better.

Last edited Feb 02, 2010 at 01:26PM EST

i have MW2. i'm at level 69 right now
lol 69.. beat the story on reg. gonna try it on veteran some day
i want BF:BC 2 so badly.

I'm not a HUGE fun of shooters, but I did preorder Bioshock 2 for its amazing story, gameplay & difficulty.

I'm not easily appealed by First Person Shooting Multiplayer, but I think BioShock 2's is ready to impress.

I've played Bioshock one. Loved it, never got to finish it.

But I think the whole premise of playing as a Big Daddy is slightly retarded.
But should still be a good game. Idk. I dont know all the specs yet.

Last edited Feb 03, 2010 at 09:56PM EST

Bad Company 2 is vastly superior to MW2.
Sold MW2 the other day, bought Bioshock 2. I'm mighty happy with this decision and will get BC2 upon release.

Hmm.. Maybe. But if you think about it, it is almost your own fault.
1. Get a better computer.
2. Buy or Rent the aforementioned games.
3. ???
4. Profit!

I still wanna play Half-Life 2: Episodes 1 & 2.

Oh, and also, OMG 7 DAYS TILL BC2

The only reason I think that MW2 is so popular is that EVERYONE has it. Wanna play with your friends? It's almost guarunteed that someone is on MW2. Battlefield, you actually have to spend a tiny bit of effort to form a squad.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!