Forums / Media / Video Games

38,629 total conversations in 2,701 threads

+ New Thread

Free Radical Design has been revived with key founders returning, and TimeSplitters will be brought back as well

Last posted May 31, 2021 at 02:50PM EDT. Added May 22, 2021 at 10:57AM EDT
9 posts from 9 users

Source

Free Radical as it originally was essentially went under after the flop of Haze and the cancellation of their Battlefront 3 project, with much of the original company later turning into Dambuster Studios and with little of the original founders involved. Now Embracer Group, the parent company of Deep Silver, has confirmed Free Radical will be revived as a studio, and key founders like David Doak (yes, the same David Doak that used to work for Rare in the 90s and was referenced in Goldeneye 64) are coming back to the company. But furthermore, the most exciting news is TimeSplitters, Free Radical's biggest franchise, will finally be coming back. As of right now it's not known if the first TS project will be a new game, a remake, or simply a remastered collection of the original trilogy (a remastered version of TS2 was technically already made in 2016 as part of Homefront: The Revolution, and the cheat codes to let players play the entirety of it was recently found), but hopefully things will turn out well for the new Free Radical and TimeSplitters going forward.

I never played any of the Time Splitter games, you wanna know why? Because they weren't on PC, this is their golden chance to bring the original trilogy to PC and hooo boy, is it going to shine in there. Or should i remind you just how much multiplayer content those PS2 games had?

I'll glady fork out money for a remaster of the original 3 and a 4th game. That being said, quite a bit of the humor in the game (from character bios, to dialogue and even the music) is kind of politically incorrect, so I wonder if they'll be allowed to get away with that by their publisher.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!