Forums / Media / Video Games

38,605 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Red Dead Redemption Remastered

Last posted Dec 15, 2021 at 08:13AM EST. Added Nov 09, 2021 at 08:09PM EST
13 posts from 10 users

Just hearing about this has me excited! updated mechanics and gameplay is some of the biggest factors, the question is will they add new material with the likes of Red Dead Redemption 2? it would be nice if these remasters included new content that wasn't added in the original since so much has changed since the original release/game.

Who is excited for a remaster of one of the most iconic video games of all time?

I was waiting for PC release back then, also i lost all my trust for rockstar when GTA 4 came and they said some bullshit like you need a PC from the future to run it, i have a pc now that it would considered to be the future back then and runs like shit

Brah, don't make me laugh, lol.
Do you even know why RDR 1 never made it out of the PS3 and Xbox 360?
It's because of the game's very code, it's this sort of Frankenstein's monter based of the GTA IV version of the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE) and Euphoria physics engine with plenty of stuff from Max Payne 3 and even a few things that ended up in GTA V, like animals. That game's code was so messed up that they say it's a miracle that they even ran on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Honestly the only ways we could see RDR 1 on modern consoles and PC outside of emulation and backwards compatability is if they re-did the whole game from scratch on a more stable version of the engine or if they take the easiest route which is to just take all the models, voice lines and scripts from RDR 1 and add them as a singleplayer expansion for RDR 2, and even that sounds too far fetched considering modern R*

Last edited Nov 16, 2021 at 07:53PM EST

Jason Voorhees wrote:

I thought some would be happy for a remaster, RDR is one of my all time favorite video games.

I think some people are just simply tired of remasters and remakes, i know i am. I'd be happy if they would just release it so that it actually works on machines we have today. No updated graphics, no deleted or censored content, just the way it used to look and play but it's usually never the case, no. People gotta have the newest and most realistic graphics and "offensive" content must be removed.

This constant hype around these games we get constantly has also gotten pretty damn tired. Would think that people already learned the lesson with Fallout 76, Evolve, GTA Trilogy edition, Cyberpunk 2077 and No Man's Sky and a lot of others and would stop pre-ordering them but no.

"Oh i'm never pre-ordering anything after this game."
next "epic" looking game trailer or remaster/remake comes out
"Oh my god i have to preorder this right fucking now, looks so good, literally best looking game ever"
game finally releases and it's a disaster

Repeat.

Fresh Dippy wrote:

After seeing the GTA "Definitive" Edition, not really.

Unless Rockstar bothers to put in actual effort and not shove this off to a third-party that doesn't have enough experience or good titles to show for it, yeah there is not much reason to get excited for it.

Rockstar already dropped the ball with their “remaster” of the PS2 trilogy excluding vice city stories. If they somehow attempt to make a “remaster” of Red Dead Redepmtion, the game is actually gonna need to be a remaster instead of a shitty port of an already shitty phone port.

Derptastic Derp Man wrote:

Rockstar already dropped the ball with their “remaster” of the PS2 trilogy excluding vice city stories. If they somehow attempt to make a “remaster” of Red Dead Redepmtion, the game is actually gonna need to be a remaster instead of a shitty port of an already shitty phone port.

And now that you mention it, They are probably going to use Grove Street Games (the idiots behind the disastrous mobile port of San Andreas and the Not so Definitive Editions however, since RDR 1 never escaped the 360 and PS3 they will be forced to do the game over, just coping and pasting the original code from the 360/PS3 releases is just not possible as that code (as I already mentioned) is unusable….
The again, it's GSG we are talking about here, they'll probably find a way to port the code and everything from the seventh gen versions of the game but not change anything or make some things even worse leading to the game running and looking like shit, not to mention more unstable than a bridge that works with a single cable.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!