Forums / Media / Video Games

38,605 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Pokemon Puzzle League being added to NSO on July 15

Last posted Jul 11, 2022 at 07:30PM EDT. Added Jul 08, 2022 at 09:57AM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

This release is rather notable due to the fact it's been 14 years since this game saw any form of a re-release, as the last time was on the Wii Virtual Console in 2008. Also this is a surprising shadow drop type of announcement since this game wasn't confirmed to be part of the initial wave of NSO N64 games. On a more personal note this is a pretty cool release simply due to the fact this is one of the few Pokemon games that's specifically based on the anime, and as someone whose fondest memories of the anime mainly comes from its early years and the old 4Kids dub it makes my inner child happy to see the old art style and hear the old 4Kids cast again.

Kinda unrelated, but I despise this game's GBC counterpart, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge. In mid 00's my parents bought me a second hand Game Boy because we were too poor for a GBA.
We'd occasionally buy second hand games for a reasonable price (because there was no speculative retro games market back then), and I was once faced with a dilemma.
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge or Warioland.
Being a massive dumbass who loved Pokemon I picked the puzzle game, and it was terrible. Maybe I'm a brainlet who doesn't understand how Puyo puyo works, but I know for certain I'd enjoy Warioland way more than this crap.

I still own that game btw.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!