Forums / Media / Video Games

38,605 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Monster Energy is seriously trying to sue The Pokemon Company and Capcom over use of the word "Monster"

Last posted Apr 14, 2023 at 10:38AM EDT. Added Apr 10, 2023 at 08:13AM EDT
8 posts from 7 users

Source

Yeah good freaking luck trying to sue TPC and Nintendo over Pokemon, and add Capcom to the mix how much you wanna bet Monster Energy will be the ones who are forced to change their brand name?

The only time Monster Energy was actually successful in their trademark trolling was they did manage to get Ubisoft to change the name of one of their games from "Gods and Monsters" to "Immortals: Fenyx Rising" but I think that one was only because Ubisoft was so close to the game coming out they didn't want to deal with the BS of a drawn out legal battle. Pokemon and Monster Hunter meanwhile are huge franchises that have been around for decades, there's no way TPC, Nintendo, and Capcom are going to bend over for Monster Energy.

Shit tastes like poison and it's bad for you.
There is clear need for better rules against trying to trademark commonplace words. Trademarks are supposed to be distinct, after all.

Nox Lucis wrote:

Shit tastes like poison and it's bad for you.
There is clear need for better rules against trying to trademark commonplace words. Trademarks are supposed to be distinct, after all.

Honestly I actually do like the taste of Monster, but more so the fruity flavors of their zero sugar drinks. Admittedly though I stopped drinking Monster last year, but it wasn't due to anything relating to health or them being trademark trolls, it was because I tried a sample pack of GamerSupps and liked it enough that I did some basic math and found a tub of GS is more worth the cost when compared to buying those bulk packs of Monster from stores like Sams Club and Costco (a tub of GS plus bottled water to mix the powder with lasts much longer and saves more money because I don't buy them as often as the Monster packs of cans).

GamerSupps has sponsored streamers I like for years like RussianBadger so after years of them shilling it I decided "you know what, let me give it a try." My favorites are Bader's flavor "Guacamole Gamer Fart 9000" (if you're familiar with Badger's sense of humor then the name really fits), blue raspberry, and black cherry. Plus they also appeal heavily to the weeb market by partnering with vtubers and having a line of shaker cups with anime waifus on them called "waifu cups" (I got most of mine thanks to promotions where you get a cup free with the purchase of a tub, but I did buy their collab cup with Sydsnap and one of their GamerSupps originals, Frisky Kitty, because I really liked the designs).

Last edited Apr 14, 2023 at 09:07AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!