Forums / Media / Video Games

38,647 total conversations in 2,704 threads

+ New Thread

PlayStation Plus seeing price hike beginning September 6, highest tier now over $150

Last posted Sep 03, 2023 at 07:33AM EDT. Added Aug 30, 2023 at 01:24PM EDT
5 posts from 5 users

Source

As someone who is in fact subscribed to the highest tier because I'm a huge sucker for the classic games that get added monthly (nostalgia brainrot has me in a vice grip), yeah I'm not happy. Like $120 was a price I felt was already too much but I felt that'd be the "worst" it'd get, but boi was I wrong. I hate to say it but I'm worried this might be a sign of Sony possibly becoming arrogant due to the fact they're still the ones seeing the highest hardware sales between them and Microsoft (I'm not counting Nintendo in this as I'm fairly certain Sony have said they don't even view Nintendo as direct competition, but Microsoft 100% is given how they reacted to MS buying Activision-Blizzard).

Microsoft got a lot of push back when they proposed hiking the price of Xbox Live Gold a year or two back, I'd like to hope Sony will see similar backlash.

There is a lot of "get way too greedy, fuck around then find out" around media conglomorates as of late.

While completely different this price hikes in games reminds me of hollywood making overinflated movies while underpaying their workers and said movies flopping HARD.

Hopefully games start to also flop hard for getting so damn expensive and greedy andnthings start to change…hopefully

I wish we could embrace a point where all you need to play your online games is a stable internet connection and not have to pay for some subscription. Sony already proved that they could offer this during the PS2 and PS3 days, and I know what PS Plus offers but $150 isn't worth it.

No!! wrote:

There is a lot of "get way too greedy, fuck around then find out" around media conglomorates as of late.

While completely different this price hikes in games reminds me of hollywood making overinflated movies while underpaying their workers and said movies flopping HARD.

Hopefully games start to also flop hard for getting so damn expensive and greedy andnthings start to change…hopefully

That's if they flop hard.

Remember that Consumerism is the golden arrow in the cycle of corruption.

It's the only one that we can change.

But the braindead drones and whales are always a constant threat.

When I received my gift PS5 last year, I looked at the $60/y online subscription and decided that price was absolute bullshit. I've been waiting for it to come down to something more reasonable, but fuck me, I guess.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!