Forums / Media / Video Games

38,625 total conversations in 2,701 threads

+ New Thread

Eidos Montreal latest game company hit with layoffs, and a planned Deus Ex game may have been shelved

Last posted Jan 30, 2024 at 06:25PM EST. Added Jan 29, 2024 at 02:06PM EST
4 posts from 3 users

Source

Man Embracer really shit the bed by buying up too many studios and banking way too hard on that $2 billion Saudi deal that fell through. You know shit's fucked when you actually have me wishing Square-Enix just kept all the studios they sold to Embracer.

"You know shit's fucked when you actually have me wishing Square-Enix just kept all the studios they sold to Embracer."

Eh, I only half-agree with that. Yeah, if there was any point when you could say that being sold off by SE improved Eidos Montreal's fortunes, that time is long gone. But if they hadn't, we'd probably be getting Deus Ex NFTs and seeing it turned into yet more Triple-Eh schlock, now with 100% more AI and other trend-chasing stuff that everybody wants but nobody likes having

Still sucks to see another one bite the dust though

Last edited Jan 30, 2024 at 02:59PM EST

According to Elias Toufexis , it appears this unannounced Deus Ex game was not going to conclude the Adam Jensen story. He wasn't called up at any point during the supposed two years of development which made him suspect it was going to be its own separate thing. Even if this was probably the case, this is a major letdown for an iconic & beloved franchise.

I was initially relieved about the Embracer acquisition since Squeenix was doing fuck all with Deus Ex and, as Raji_lev already mentioned, they are still stubbornly clinging on NFTs despite the fad having already crashed to oblivion. Unfortunately, out of the pan and into the fire it seems.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!