Forums / Media / Video Games

38,829 total conversations in 2,720 threads

+ New Thread

Tango Gameworks and Hi-Fi Rush have been saved from death by PUBG publisher Krafton

Last posted Aug 22, 2024 at 04:40PM EDT. Added Aug 12, 2024 at 12:43PM EDT
10 posts from 8 users

Thank god they got to take the IP with them and it wasn't left in copyright hell. I think overall the story of Tango is a warning for future developers looking to make games for Microsoft. Even if you manage to make something great they won't respect your success and toss you overboard in the name of short term profits.

It's a small miracle another company decided to throw a life preserver out to them. I hope to see them make other new games not seen before as well.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Source

Thank goodness, though a shame we don't see "saving studios" like this more often (last one I recall is Nintendo saved Shiver Entertainment from the clutches of Embracer Group).

Better like this if you ask me. After all, Bethesda is Microsoft's bitch.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Source

Thank goodness, though a shame we don't see "saving studios" like this more often (last one I recall is Nintendo saved Shiver Entertainment from the clutches of Embracer Group).

That's great news, the fact that they had been shafted EVEN as they made an awesome award-winning game was a huge injustice.

Major_Failure wrote:

Thank god they got to take the IP with them and it wasn't left in copyright hell. I think overall the story of Tango is a warning for future developers looking to make games for Microsoft. Even if you manage to make something great they won't respect your success and toss you overboard in the name of short term profits.

It's a small miracle another company decided to throw a life preserver out to them. I hope to see them make other new games not seen before as well.

Microsoft has been a Dev meatgrinder for years. Every company they buy ends up becoming a shell of its former self. Every third-party company that works with them gets shit on.
Honestly, no amount of money Microsoft offers is worth selling a company to them. If a company were to work with them as a third party, they better set down some boundaries, so Microsoft doesn't get in the way, or the deal is off.

Damn it. I remembered PUBG has ownership with Tencent, a company from China. Not trying to make it look BAAAAAAAD or anything. Just had a thought since I do not trust Chinese companies for most of the time.
Sorry, everyone. Just a Force of habit

FatmanAss wrote:

Damn it. I remembered PUBG has ownership with Tencent, a company from China. Not trying to make it look BAAAAAAAD or anything. Just had a thought since I do not trust Chinese companies for most of the time.
Sorry, everyone. Just a Force of habit

Huh. I hope Tencent doesn't influence the game too much.. I'd really like it if tango just picked up where they left off.

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!