Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Vine is getting shut down

Last posted Oct 29, 2016 at 09:59AM EDT. Added Oct 27, 2016 at 12:49PM EDT
16 posts from 16 users

The new website that will house the six seconds of shit will thenceforth be called "Loop", probably. Grape vine, Gossip loop. As an act of contrition, if someone really does make this a reality and cast another blanket of Dank on world culture, I want my closest KYM neighbor that's still active to shoot one bullet straight through my foramen magnum.

{hands pistols to Users #124,920 and #124,922}

Last edited Oct 27, 2016 at 02:17PM EDT

Okay, so the articles I read sound kinda contradictory. From what I’ve gathered, Vine is presently in the stages of shutting down it’s social media aspect, but it will keep videos online for at least a bit. While the official word says “We’ll be keeping the website online because we think it’s important to still be able to watch all the incredible Vines that have been made.” I’m presuming that this is until they give a set date that the plug will be fully pulled, correct?

I guess I better save the videos I liked. I generally only saw vines that were popular on Tumblr, so I have a bit more positive image of the site (of Sturgeon's Law Applies of course applies).

I never got the vibe that Vine was doing poorly (of course, when only know about it through another site well…) however, it did take resources to maintain and I didn't see an easy way their site would be making much money.

I hate to be honest here, but Vine is the only place I find casual, for-fun racism, like both black and white people made a Vine vid joking about each others' cultures and stereotypes. No arguing, no racial appropriation and weird SJW stuff, it's truly a simpler time. Those are genuinely great.

But what the heck, there's too much other basic shit drowning them all so what the heck.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!