Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

The World Mourns: Liam Leaves the Super Best Friends

Last posted Dec 24, 2016 at 10:43PM EST. Added Dec 23, 2016 at 06:19PM EST
8 posts from 7 users

Liam from the Super Best Friends announced on Reddit that he is leaving the channel. Apparently, he has been having trouble with his mental health and continuing on the channel would impair his ability to get help. Matt responded with a tribute on Twitter.

It took me a while to warm up to Liam, because he is less outwardly quirky than the other. For a while, I thought he was just kind of there, contributing nothing. Over time, however, I started to appreciate how he provided a different, more low-key contrast to the others. He also came into his own as a content creator with series like Portrait of Ruin and Twilight Princess. Of course, my biggest change of heart came when I met him (and the other Best Friends) in person at a convention. Although I spoke to them all, Liam was the most willing to have a friendly conversation. We talked for a few minutes about his playthroughs and games we liked. He was also the only Best Friend to end a sentence with "eh?", making him best Canadian.

It's a shame to see him go, but if it's about his health, it's what needs to happen. Hopefully, his situation will improve and maybe we'll hear from him again in the future.

First it was two best friends

Then it was super best friends

And now it's two best friends yet again

Life truly is cyclical

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!